OSU Baseball at TCU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
But...but....we have more talent than Vandy....we're supposedly the most talented team in the nation!!
I will say this--the fact that we've made so many more mistakes than TCU but have only been outscored by 2 runs shows that we must be keeping it close with talent. That talent seems to either be undisciplined at the plate or in the field in any given game.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I'm getting tired of year in year out having pitchers with mid 90s fastballs just nibbling the corners and driving up their pitch counts. How many games has out pitcher worked into the 7th inning this season?

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
But...but....we have more talent than Vandy....we're supposedly the most talented team in the nation!!
We have a ton of talent that is not playing up to their potential.
Especially out of the bullpen. Cannot give up 9 and 8 runs on the road against a top ten team and expect to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I will say this--the fact that we've made so many more mistakes than TCU but have only been outscored by 2 runs shows that we must be keeping it close with talent. That talent seems to either be undisciplined at the plate or in the field in any given game.
The Cowboys are as good as TCU, they have not executed on the mound or in the field the last two days.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Still goes down as a L at the end of the day....I could care less how close we keep it, mistakes or not.

Dec 21, 2008
Why do you not walk bases loaded then a tough play in the hole or a swinging bunt or a tough play down the line you have a chance to get an out and not forced to throw to first? So we throw to a DH with multiple hits?

This whole damn season has been full of inconsistency, lack of leadership, poor defense and repeated blunders series after series. Very frustrating to watch and has been for a few years

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Oh I agree. I'm saying the only way we're keeping it close is with talent, because we make so many critical mistakes it's hard to stay close.
We have talent.....in most areas except the bullpen. Having 2-3 guys that are reliable, isn't considered a talented bullpen, much less a talented pitching staff. We have a ton of power pitches, but they can't locate unfortunately. Until that corrects itself....we'll continue to struggle closing out games.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Josh:

"We haven't played a great game yet with all of the extra outs we've given them."

"I thought Justin Campbell showed some great poise to get out of that jam."

"We had chances on offense, did some damage. Carson said he wishes he had that 3-1 pitch back."

"It comes down to the small things...and those are the small things we're not winning on."

"A game like that takes the wind out of your sails...you go from disappointed to pissed off. We need to wake up tomorrow determined."

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Seems like early in the season the pitching and defense was great but the bats were quite. Bats are starting to wake up a little but the pitching and defense has taken a nose dive.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
It sucks the big 12 changed the schedule when they could have easily kept it the same since the season was cancelled last year. Instead we got the harder schedule of going to tcu and tech. I think the outcomes of the series are completely different if we play them at home. But it is what it is. Need to win tomorrow and win the Texas series at a minimum.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
Should have won both games. Tomorrow is a must win if you want to win the league and have any hopes of hosting a regional.

Don't think we are hosting a regional this year which is a shame because of the new palace but we are going to be a 2/3 seed that no one wants in their regional.
Regional and Super Regional sites will be predetermined this year and not given to the top 16/8 seeds.

So, a team that is a 2/3 seed has a chance at hosting this year. With O’Brate being a brand new, state of the art facility, I imagine they will give Stillwater a good look... but it is the NCAA so who knows.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Regional and Super Regional sites will be predetermined this year and not given to the top 16/8 seeds.

So, a team that is a 2/3 seed has a chance at hosting this year. With O’Brate being a brand new, state of the art facility, I imagine they will give Stillwater a good look... but it is the NCAA so who knows.
If thats the case then I would assume that we would host since we have a top facility.