OSU football Recruiting rankings?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Both would be our highest rankings in conference since? I'm thinking, in the big 12, they would be the highest ever if they hold.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Both would be our highest rankings in conference since? I'm thinking, in the big 12, they would be the highest ever if they hold.
Yep, we’d never finished higher than 4th before.

I almost cannot believe the improvement.

I was starting to convince myself Gundy was hellbent on continuing the status quo with 5th place big 12 and ~40th nationally just to prove a point.

he, Jim knowles, Todd Bradford, Kasey Dunn and Jon Wozniak(!) deserve a ton of credit. Theyve stepped their games up.

these are the kinds of classes we all knew OSU was capable of reeling in, and it’s nice to see it start to happen. Consistently 3rd-4th in the big 12 is right where I’d expect us to finish

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
It is genuinely an awesome start. So short term I think we’re likely to see another jump as several of our recruits are being discussed that they’re gonna make big rankings jumps. Long term we’re definitely going to fade because 247 downgrades early commits and juices uncommitteds to keep the stakes high throughout the cycle.

The key here tho is that recruits love to join classes where there are other studs. Roll this momentum into other studs. We are honestly a real player with several awesome prospects right now, if we stay hungry and land one, we may end up getting 2 more.

I love the defensive side of the 2020 class. We got 4 absolute building blocks at DT, Edge, and 2 at S. We’ve got a lot of bodies to throw at CB. If the offense can keep up with a disappointing OL class, it’s a really good class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2006
Yep, we’d never finished higher than 4th before.

I almost cannot believe the improvement.

I was starting to convince myself Gundy was hellbent on continuing the status quo with 5th place big 12 and ~40th nationally just to prove a point.

he, Jim knowles, Todd Bradford, Kasey Dunn and Jon Wozniak(!) deserve a ton of credit. Theyve stepped their games up.

these are the kinds of classes we all knew OSU was capable of reeling in, and it’s nice to see it start to happen. Consistently 3rd-4th in the big 12 is right where I’d expect us to finish
I think we're recruiting the same kids we always have. They just happen to be getting rated higher. Our coaches never have and never will look at recruiting rankings to determine who to recruit.

Even this year we have a commit from WR Mason Gilkey out of Pawhuska. Dude has 1 offer, us. He didn't even have a recruiting profile before he committed.

I get caught up in the stars as well but you can't discount our staff's ability to evaluate recruits.

It does seem like we're landing at a higher rate the last couple years. I think that's from relationships and coaching stability. Either way it's a great time to be a Cowboy!