OSU v. WVU Post-game thoughts

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
Olathe, Kansas
We are always going to be limited at QB with Walsh. It isn't necessarily a knock on Walsh. His skillset is just pretty narrow. He isn't going to beat anyone with his arm. His running is good to great and his arm is serviceable at best. Walsh at his best is better than Chelf at his best but both of them can really suck at times. Walsh is going to be the QB going forward. We are just going to have to accept that offensively we are going to struggle at times.

Exit 174

You win or you die.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 7, 2007
Behind Enemy Lines
www.facebook.com
Can't blame the OC when...
Your QB throws a pick 6
Your ST gives up 14 points
Your OL doesn't produce anything all game.

21 points right there given up by OSU easy. That was a really weak performance by OSU. Really weak.

OC was not the issue. Execution was.
But you CAN blame the OC when you shred WVU's defense out of the half with seam-routes and the Diamond Formation, and then completely abandon those plays. Or calling a fade on 2nd and 1. Or continuing to hand the ball to Smith when Roland has been the productive option all day. You can definitely blame the OC for those things.

colin1497

Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!
A/V Subscriber
Jun 20, 2008
That's two bad games that Walsh has had. I would welcome a little quarterback controversy right now. Chelf throws it better, especially downfield.
lol, we can suck with Chelf or Walsh, pick your poison.

naranjaynegro

Territorial Marshal
Oct 20, 2003
Houston area
Visit site
blame across the board.....including defense. no pass rush to speak of and broken coverage on some long passes....wv offense converted several 3rd and longs.....no, blame across the board and you can throw in the water boys/girls and the pilot on the team plane.

Oct 15, 2009
Hahahahahahaha, I'm so mad i started to laugh.
Can't run, can't pass, can't catch, can't kick, can't block. Btw, whos our OC again? How come i dont remeber his name

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
With all due respect, calling for Gundy's head is "Texasesque"..pretty sure the 'Horns will take him if y'all are through with him.
I agree, this is not about Gundy. The whole league is down this year. OSU was picked to win the Big XII as the lesser of evils. Anyone not thinking that OU and Baylor were not going to win this conference after last week was simply wishfully thinking. BUT.... the season is young. Either way, the conference champ(s) could have 1-2 losses.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Can't blame the OC when...
Your QB throws a pick 6
Your ST gives up 14 points
Your OL doesn't produce anything all game.

21 points right there given up by OSU easy. That was a really weak performance by OSU. Really weak.

OC was not the issue. Execution was.
Horseshit. We never established an offensive position. When you play back on your heels the things you listed are going to happen. I can handle an off day. I can't handle coaches that refuse to adjust plays or lineups.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Awful offensive play selection. OC hire always seemed strange to me and I'm very disappointed in him, so far. Why can't we hire an OC with experience and success in a major program?

OL adjustments aren't working as well as hoped. Kicking was inexcusably bad. JW had a bad day. Stupid penalties and undisciplined play. Take away one or two of these factors and we would have won. But, the sum of all the the problems resulted in a meltdown. Unless we correct these problems very quickly, the Baylor and OU games are going to be very tough to win.

Nov 28, 2008
But you CAN blame the OC when you shred WVU's defense out of the half with seam-routes and the Diamond Formation, and then completely abandon those plays. Or calling a fade on 2nd and 1. Or continuing to hand the ball to Smith when Roland has been the productive option all day. You can definitely blame the OC for those things.
You can also blame the HC for those very same things.

colin1497

Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!
A/V Subscriber
Jun 20, 2008
Reality check, our answer is at Illinois. I wasn't into the whole QB discussion last year since JW has his game and plays it well. But I said after the UTSA game, Walsh will either show he can at least go vertical, or we are in trouble. This was a blueprint of how everyone will play us the remainder of the year. Crowd the line and make JW pass down field.
Yep. The same game plan beats Chelf, too.

Aug 30, 2011
Not the end of the world, but we have to redefine our expectations: 10 wins seems like a ceiling, but if our road woes continue, 7-8 wins seems more realistic.

We are still in the Big 12 title hunt, but we have lost our margin for error. We need to pound KSU next week, beat TCU, and see how things stand.