OSU's Muonelo arrested in Stillwater

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2005
Stillwater, OK
http://newsok.com/article/3069845

By Andrea Cohen
Staff Writer

Oklahoma State basketball player Obi Muonelo was arrested Friday night for being underage in a Stillwater bar, a spokesman for the Stillwater police confirmed on Saturday. The spokesman said Muonelo cooperated with police.

Muonelo, who will be a sophomore in the fall, turned 19 last week. He played high school basketball at Edmond Santa Fe.

He is the second Cowboy recently arrested at a Stillwater bar. Junior Terrel Harris was arrested in May for possession of a fake ID

Oct 22, 2005
Kansas City
I agree with that, there's no doubt about the stupidity involved here on Obi's part. Just making a general statement about the hypocrisy of this law.
I do believe that if you are old enough to fight for your country you are old enough to have a beer. Weirdly enough, they never asked me for my opinion before the did that...:confused:

Gman

Sheriff
Jul 27, 2004
Next thing you know, someone will be questioning the kid's character or Sean's control of the program. Yes, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do, but this doesn't change my opinion of him in the least.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Somehow the term "BFD" comes to mind.

Let's see what he wasn't doing........

1) Driving a car from Big Red Sports and Imports
2) Getting paid for doing nothing
3) Being involved in an illegal Music pyramid scheme
4) Being in possession of drugs
5) Being involved in a fight
6) Declaring for the Draft despite all credible sources telling him he's not NBA material yet

Sounds like a pretty good kid to me. I hope he met some pretty girls.....

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
I am starting to be completly turned off by our basketball program. If we don't recover and make the tourney this year I don't know what I'll do. In addition, now we've got to worry about the quality of person our basketball program has. :mad:

OSUFirepolak

Federal Marshal
Jan 16, 2005
Underage in a bar.... something he shouldn't have been doing for sure, but at least it's not anything like guns or drugs.

Make him run until he barfs up a lung and then make him run some more.

Aug 26, 2006
I am starting to be completly turned off by our basketball program. If we don't recover and make the tourney this year I don't know what I'll do. In addition, now we've got to worry about the quality of person our basketball program has. :mad:
Unfortunately I agree. It's not so much that he is drinking underage as it is he had a fake id made and "cheated" by using it. This is really just starting to suck. :(

Oct 22, 2005
Kansas City
Anybody want to go in halvsies on a new bar in Stillwater just for the basketball team? I figure since they all like to go to the bar so much it should be nice additional income...

OSUFirepolak

Federal Marshal
Jan 16, 2005
Unfortunately I agree. It's not so much that he is drinking underage as it is he had a fake id made and "cheated" by using it. This is really just starting to suck. :(
I assume you're talking about Harris because the article didn't say anything about Muonelo having at fake ID or if he was drinking. I wouldn't be surprised if he got in without even having to show them anything at all..... I worked in a bar when I was a school and I saw that all the time with football and basketball players. Most of the time when they got in they didn't even have a drink.... they just stood around with their hands in their pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.