poke fan living in Norman

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 5, 2007
So I have been a resident of Norman for maybe 8 years. For the longest time I thought I was the only one living amongst the enemy. However, after the last few seasons I can't go to the 7-eleven two blocks away without seeing a car with an OSU sticker/tag, or someone with an OSU hoodie/t-shirt.

So I got to wondering, were all these OSU fans just laying low during the losing years or did a bunch of sooner bandwagon fans jump ship?

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
So I have been a resident of Norman for maybe 8 years. For the longest time I thought I was the only one living amongst the enemy. However, after the last few seasons I can't go to the 7-eleven two blocks away without seeing a car with an OSU sticker/tag, or someone with an OSU hoodie/t-shirt.

So I got to wondering, were all these OSU fans just laying low during the losing years or did a bunch of sooner bandwagon fans jump ship?
One of my best friends. In Paddle People for the longest time. Got married and moved to Norman, worked in Norman etc. Better man than I

PokealypseNow

You Can Dere-Lick My Footballs, Cap-E-Tan
Oct 15, 2008
New to KCMO
WillPhillips.org
Bandwagon fans are a byproduct of success and are vital to the growth of a program on and off the field, like it or not.

Resenting and disparaging them will only send them them packing in lean years.

Welcome the bandwagoneers, bring 'em into the Orange fold, help them appreciate the allure Joe's cups, prairie sunsets & Pistol Pete, and - with luck - you'll have helped create a Poke for life.

SGT Steck

Whitetail Slayer
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2010
Edmond
I opened my business there because my two business partners live there. I really hate going into a restaraunt there with my Orange on cuz I know my food is probably getting spit in. But I had no choice the business needed to be started somewhere and we had the lowest start up costs by opening it there. I hope it does well enough to open another location in the Edmond area.

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
I am from the SWOKC/Moore/Norman area, so if I ever move back to the OKC metro it would most likely be in that area. Norman honestly isn't too bad, you just have to keep your distance from the campus. This is not me just OU bashing either, things just get shittier and the people are bigger assholes the closer you are to the campus there.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I have a buddy who designs fire suspression systems down there. He married a girl from Norman and they chose to live there.

Jul 19, 2011
I think that both Norman and Stillwater are two of the better places to live in Oklahoma. Norman's major drawback is the traffic. I haven't lived in Stillwater so I don't know the its downside.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Bandwagon fans are a byproduct of success and are vital to the growth of a program on and off the field, like it or not.

Resenting and disparaging them will only send them them packing in lean years.

Welcome the bandwagoneers, bring 'em into the Orange fold, help them appreciate the allure Joe's cups, prairie sunsets & Pistol Pete, and - with luck - you'll have helped create a Poke for life.
OSU doesn't like/want bandwagon fans, remember?

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
I think that both Norman and Stillwater are two of the better places to live in Oklahoma. Norman's major drawback is the traffic. I haven't lived in Stillwater so I don't know the its downside.
Not close to a major city. Not a lot of choices when it comes to food and entertainment. No mall. thats about all I could think of. I don't mind those things at all and would love to live in stillwater.

Oct 23, 2008
Norman, Ok
I grew up in Norman, lived in Stillwater for 7 years(graduated and never left), and moved back to Norman last year. And my entire family went to OSU! We wear orange every chance we get!

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I grew up in Norman, lived in Stillwater for 7 years(graduated and never left), and moved back to Norman last year. And my entire family went to OSU! We wear orange every chance we get!
And Busch Beer boxes! ;)

Apr 17, 2009
Southeast of disorder.
I am from the SWOKC/Moore/Norman area, so if I ever move back to the OKC metro it would most likely be in that area. Norman honestly isn't too bad, you just have to keep your distance from the campus. This is not me just OU bashing either, things just get shittier and the people are bigger assholes the closer you are to the campus there.
You speak a lot of truth, but be honest, it sounds like you're from west Moore.