Question/Observation about a Ro Verto Solo Thread Locking

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

BeatOU

--- ... ..-
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 6, 2008
Alpha Quadrant
www.twitter.com
Mods, the below inquiry is in regards to this thread that was created by Ro Verto Solo and is now locked: http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=98732

So, tonight I went to the gen discussion forum. I rarely ever go there, but just did out of curiosity, to see what everyone was saying about the earthquake. That's when I stumbled upon Ro Verto's thread.

In my observation, Ro Verto was doing what he does best: digging up fun facts and trivial data and reporting on it. No harm done. There were a few other people who did deviate the topic a bit, but it was rather insignificant, really.

Why was this thread locked?

There seems to be a lack of standardization in two areas:
1) When a thread gets locked
and
2) When an explanation for a locking is provided

I can understand that this is probably due to the obvious need to have several mods and some people can be a bit more over-reactionary than others. However, this one simply puzzles me....

IMO, this thread needs unlocked right away and Ro Verto allowed to continue upon his quest.

Thank you for your time,
Mike

ps, where is the link to the job application for OP.com mod?

OP 9000

Administrator
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2003
Stillwater, OK
www.orangepower.com
If people want to see how many posts they have, they can look at their own profile. If they want to see where they compare to other posters.. the can click on 'community' -> 'member list' and sort by posts.

That thread was again taking the post count and turning it into a contest amongst a group of posters. The same group of posters who we've had trouble with posting garbage to pad their counts in the past.

And if that wasn't enough, it quickly went off the rails into the same TWSS, anti-mod policy bashing, who's got more posts mutual admiration circle jerk that got the twizzler thread closed, and will probably someday get the random thoughts thread closed.

If people are judging their worth on this website based on the number of posts they have and not on the QUALITY of what they're posting, then perhaps we should just turn the post counters off.

t1m0thy

Walker told me I have AIDS
Sep 3, 2008
Tulsa
If people want to see how many posts they have, they can look at their own profile. If they want to see where they compare to other posters.. the can click on 'community' -> 'member list' and sort by posts.

That thread was again taking the post count and turning it into a contest amongst a group of posters. The same group of posters who we've had trouble with posting garbage to pad their counts in the past.

And if that wasn't enough, it quickly went off the rails into the same TWSS, anti-mod policy bashing, who's got more posts mutual admiration circle jerk that got the twizzler thread closed, and will probably someday get the random thoughts thread closed.

If people are judging their worth on this website based on the number of posts they have and not on the QUALITY of what they're posting, then perhaps we should just turn the post counters off.
Yeah, this site isn't for having fun, so stop trying to do that!

And keep your stupid frisbee off my lawn!

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.

I'm all for this

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
There is a very big difference in "inconsequential small-talk" and post counting, "page", "assist" and other such ridiculousness.
it was a freaking game, much like survivor pools, it's ok to feel left out and/or be a buzzkill, just nut up and admit it! sheesh
there have been threads of non-stop player/coach/and especially AD bashing that were NEVER closed.
And whoever it was that made the comment about Roverto's sig images being an "I love you here's a sig pic" thing is more childish than I've ever dreamed of being, and I'm pretty damn childish.

OSUfreak82

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Dec 2, 2006
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
it was a freaking game, much like survivor pools, it's ok to feel left out and/or be a buzzkill, just nut up and admit it! sheesh
there have been threads of non-stop player/coach/and especially AD bashing that were NEVER closed.
And whoever it was that made the comment about Roverto's sig images being an "I love you here's a sig pic" thing is more childish than I've ever dreamed of being, and I'm pretty damn childish.
This!