Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Rambo has disappeared and hasn’t came up clutch when he needs to. He’s had his opportunities and hasn’t done much with them. Mims, Wease and Stogner are getting the looks. When Haselwood comes back, I bet Rambo fades back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tell that to Maria and Gabriela

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Rambo has disappeared and hasn’t came up clutch when he needs to. He’s had his opportunities and hasn’t done much with them. Mims, Wease and Stogner are getting the looks. When Haselwood comes back, I bet Rambo fades back.

Tell that to Maria and Gabriela
I see what you did there..... and I applaud you

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Anything is possible, but their lack of production doesnt give me a positive impression of them at all. It seems like the only receiver mullet trusts is wallace.
We aren’t throwing the ball as much. Been a weird year in that regard, but I’m sure you’d take our current record over your own.

4-0 > 3-2
They don’t give out trophies in October, champ.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Could be worse, they could be stuck with just one real receiving threat. Does the mullet even know what a tight end is? Looks like they finally got another wr in double digits in receptions though. My favorite cowboy, Stoner gettin' it done. Crazy that a freshman is effectively outplaying the what's supposed to be the best wr in the big 12.

View attachment 86634
Sometimes, having a defense, and a solid run game, is better than throwing it 50 times a game. Sometimes, you don't want to be in a shoot-out with Kansas State and Iowa State. You can pass that information on to Coach Tat if you'd like......wait, too late for that. But at least your overrated receivers are getting their props.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Sometimes, having a defense, and a solid run game, is better than throwing it 50 times a game. Sometimes, you don't want to be in a shoot-out with Kansas State and Iowa State. You can pass that information on to Coach Tat if you'd like......wait, too late for that. But at least your overrated receivers are getting their props.
Sometimes, you don't want to manage the clock on 3rd and 9 with the ball at mid field and a TD lead with 3:30 remaining in the game. Other times, you just gotta scratch your belly tat and see what your freshman QB can do with Drake Stoops instead of relying on your special teams and defense. After all, 4OTs makes for great TV.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You cant tell gundy that. that's never really been a thing on a gundy team. You do what the skill of your players lets you do. OU lead the big 12 in rushing last year, had the #3 defense but was also 3rd in passing, with jalen hurts. I mean come on. And last year osu didnt have a very good pass game with sanders either. So this perhaps is just what the ok state offense is now until they have a qb who is more capable of beating you with his arm. Which hey, at this point in the season, who cares. But when you face a team and perhaps have to play from behind by a couple scores , it could be an issue. Honestly it seems shillingworth is a more polished passer for you.

And lets not pretend they didnt start the last few seasons 4-1.Hot starts are nothing new for them, you should be used to it, and the subsequent future unexpected losses that accompany those hot starts.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You cant tell gundy that. that's never really been a thing on a gundy team. You do what the skill of your players lets you do. OU lead the big 12 in rushing last year, had the #3 defense but was also 3rd in passing, with jalen hurts. I mean come on. And last year osu didnt have a very good pass game with sanders either. So this perhaps is just what the ok state offense is now until they have a qb who is more capable of beating you with his arm. Which hey, at this point in the season, who cares. But when you face a team and perhaps have to play from behind by a couple scores , it could be an issue. Honestly it seems shillingworth is a more polished passer for you.

And lets not pretend they didnt start the last few seasons 4-1.Hot starts are nothing new for them, you should be used to it, and the subsequent future unexpected losses that accompany those hot starts.
Your point is not wrong and if you watched the ISU game, when we needed a quick score, Sanders delivered. I would have liked to have seen us grind out another score towards to the end in order to win comfortably by three scores, but we were up two scores and then game had shown we could trust our defense over Sanders' arm. So, Gundy made the right call to play the clock and it worked.

The quick starts you mention is apples and oranges. We haven't started the last few seasons with three Big 12 games out of the first four. The latest trend since the end of Mason's career is win three non con games and start losing early Big 12 games. We're 3-0 in conference and should move on to 4-0 in conference after Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Your point is not wrong and if you watched the ISU game, when we needed a quick score, Sanders delivered.
Well, yeah, that was nice, and timely. But hasnt shown he can do that just at will. After that td, the next 5 possessions they punted 4 times and kicked a fg. Their longest drive the rest of the game was 36 yards. That's not really the result you want when you are only up by 7 points.

I would have liked to have seen us grind out another score towards to the end in order to win comfortably by three scores, but we were up two scores and then game had shown we could trust our defense over Sanders' arm. So, Gundy made the right call to play the clock and it worked.
Defense held up when they had to, which is nice. Though i think that isu just ran out of time. That last drive of their was like a knife through butter. But the osu d is a surprise this year for sure.

The quick starts you mention is apples and oranges. We haven't started the last few seasons with three Big 12 games out of the first four. The latest trend since the end of Mason's career is win three non con games and start losing early Big 12 games. We're 3-0 in conference and should move on to 4-0 in conference after Saturday afternoon.
True, but at the same 3 of those 4 wins came against kansas, wvu, and tulsa. Literally the easiest stretch of games they have all season , which is almost like playing a soft non-con schedule. And the isu game was not pretty. They will probably win saturday but texas is desperate right now so i expect that it wont be easy. And their offense is not lethargic anymore

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Well, yeah, that was nice, and timely. But hasnt shown he can do that just at will. After that td, the next 5 possessions they punted 4 times and kicked a fg. Their longest drive the rest of the game was 36 yards. That's not really the result you want when you are only up by 7 points.
We were up by 10 before ISU scored their last TD.

Defense held up when they had to, which is nice. Though i think that isu just ran out of time. That last drive of their was like a knife through butter. But the osu d is a surprise this year for sure.
Hot knife through butter? Wow. So, their one sustained drive the length of the field came at 3min left in the game. 3rd and 4 from the 50 and the refs reward ISU with a Kolar first down catch that was not a catch. 2nd and 17 from the 20 and it takes a miracle scramble and throw to finally make it a 3 point game with 50sec left.

OSU finishes the game in victory formation, but some how ISU ran out of time lol. They kicked your ass and lost to us.

True, but at the same 3 of those 4 wins came against kansas, wvu, and tulsa. Literally the easiest stretch of games they have all season , which is almost like playing a soft non-con schedule. And the isu game was not pretty. They will probably win saturday but texas is desperate right now so i expect that it wont be easy. And their offense is not lethargic anymore
Are you unable to give credit where it is due?

TU is looking more and more formidable as it stands now. I know the new goon catch phrase is "they don't hand out trophies in October herrderr" but Tulsa's only loss is to us and they've shown they can actually win.

*Checks defensive stats in the Big 12* and wow.. there's WV with in the top 2 of every defensive category. We beat them with a true freshman starting his first game. How did your RSFr do in his first Big 12 start? Pretty sure he went into a shell in the second half against KSU. I know you goons didn't think their would be any growing pains and it was hilarious to be correct (again) right off the batt in conference play. LOL

In offensive stats, WV is ranked within the top 4 of every category. I don't think they're pushovers by any means.

I expected some rust in the ISU game. You have to have a good QB in the Big 12 and we finally got our starter back. Going into the ISU game, Sanders had played one series of football dating back to Nov 16 of last year. Add the lack of reps do to COVID and it only made sense in my mind, but then again.. I'm speaking with someone who thought a RSFr QB wouldn't make any mistakes.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
We were up by 10 before ISU scored their last TD.
Yep.

Hot knife through butter? Wow. So, their one sustained drive the length of the field came at 3min left in the game. 3rd and 4 from the 50 and the refs reward ISU with a Kolar first down catch that was not a catch. 2nd and 17 from the 20 and it takes a miracle scramble and throw to finally make it a 3 point game with 50sec left.

OSU finishes the game in victory formation, but some how ISU ran out of time lol. They kicked your ass and lost to us.
Yes, sometimes, that's all you need. And it sure put them within striking distance of winning. Considering how lethargic the osu offense was on the last 5 possessions, they likely punt again and then it would get interesting. But, indeed, they ran out of time.

Are you unable to give credit where it is due?
I have

TU is looking more and more formidable as it stands now. I know the new goon catch phrase is "they don't hand out trophies in October herrderr" but Tulsa's only loss is to us and they've shown they can actually win.
uh, it's still tulsa.

*Checks defensive stats in the Big 12* and wow.. there's WV with in the top 2 of every defensive category. We beat them with a true freshman starting his first game. How did your RSFr do in his first Big 12 start? Pretty sure he went into a shell in the second half against KSU. I know you goons didn't think their would be any growing pains and it was hilarious to be correct (again) right off the batt in conference play. LOL

In offensive stats, WV is ranked within the top 4 of every category. I don't think they're pushovers by any means.
You can pump them up all you want. That wont change the fact that it's the easiest stretch of games they'll see all year, sorry that ruffled your feathers. But, they won those games, just like they usually do. lets see how they sustain success as historically osu's early season success has not translated into a successful remainder of the season.

Rattler's first start b12 was a 387 yard 4 td game with over 70% completion. he did make some mistakes, but he also made enough plays to keep his team in the game. He's only a few games in his career and has already established himself as the league's best qb. But even having the best qb in the league won win you games when your defense gives up big plays. the future is bright with Rattler.

I expected some rust in the ISU game. You have to have a good QB in the Big 12 and we finally got our starter back. Going into the ISU game, Sanders had played one series of football dating back to Nov 16 of last year. Add the lack of reps do to COVID and it only made sense in my mind, but then again.. I'm speaking with someone who thought a RSFr QB wouldn't make any mistakes.
You are not speaking to that person. You are speaking with me.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Yep.

Yes, sometimes, that's all you need. And it sure put them within striking distance of winning. Considering how lethargic the osu offense was on the last 5 possessions, they likely punt again and then it would get interesting. But, indeed, they ran out of time.

I have

uh, it's still tulsa.

You can pump them up all you want. That wont change the fact that it's the easiest stretch of games they'll see all year, sorry that ruffled your feathers. But, they won those games, just like they usually do. lets see how they sustain success as historically osu's early season success has not translated into a successful remainder of the season.

Rattler's first start b12 was a 387 yard 4 td game with over 70% completion. he did make some mistakes, but he also made enough plays to keep his team in the game. He's only a few games in his career and has already established himself as the league's best qb. But even having the best qb in the league won win you games when your defense gives up big plays. the future is bright with Rattler.

The offense didn’t go lethargic. We hit our cushion and Gundy played the clock. Had we needed a score, the offense would’ve opened back up like it did when we needed a score like the last two scoring drives we had before running the clock down.

The ran out of time bit is an aggy classic. Funny to see you get down on their delusional level.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yep.

I have

uh, it's still tulsa.

The offense didn’t go lethargic. We hit our cushion and Gundy played the clock. Had we needed a score, the offense would’ve opened back up like it did when we needed a score like the last two scoring drives we had before running the clock down.

The ran out of time bit is an aggy classic. Funny to see you get down on their delusional level.
Ah. So he wanted to punt it 4 times in the last 5 possessions. Longest drive was like 30 something yards. I guess that makes sense, considering his history of not trying to score. I mean, when you have a one score lead, what’s the point in getting another touchdown ? Especially since the playoff committee probably doesn’t care about comparing margins of victory or things like that.

They really did run out of time. There’s no delusion here. That’s what happened. I already explained how.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Ah. So he wanted to punt it 4 times in the last 5 possessions. Longest drive was like 30 something yards. I guess that makes sense, considering his history of not trying to score. I mean, when you have a one score lead, what’s the point in getting another touchdown ? Especially since the playoff committee probably doesn’t care about comparing margins of victory or things like that.

They really did run out of time. There’s no delusion here. That’s what happened. I already explained how.
It’s hard to have conversation with you when you don’t know what actually happened. Is it important to you if we discuss the facts?

10 points is not a one score lead. You are clearly misremembering the game.

We went up 24-14 with 11:24 left in the game. We had three more possessions after that. One of those possessions was victory formation, which you consider the possession that ISU ran out of time even though they didn’t have the ball.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Yep.

I have

uh, it's still tulsa.

Only problem is rattled ain't even the best freshman qb in the state.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Yep.

I have

uh, it's still tulsa.

Only problem is rattled ain't even the best freshman qb in the state.
You been dipping into Toker’s stash? There’s no way you can be serious about this.