Stillwater Regional - Welcome MSU, GCU, and UA to Stillwater!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Not sure but it’s safe to say the teeth to skull ratio will be tilting in the direction of more skulls and fewer teeth.
Very doubful Arkansas fans get in unless they pay high price or we’re lucky to get seats from the Arkansas Allotment.

Almost all Orange in last nights game except for behind the MSU bench.

tony6777

Anthony
A/V Subscriber
Aug 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I expect a ton of Arkansas fans tonight based on ticket prices on 3rd party sites.

Any ideas of how many SRO tickets will be available tonight?
There aren't SRO tix, as this is not a regular season game. Things aren't the same as usual. As in, they don't announce at 3rd inning that SRO can fill empty seats. I also haven't noticed the people guarding the top of the stairs, they just don't seem to exist. Makes it a bit of a wild west in defending seats yourself. If you normally are a SRO type person, my advice is to just find the cheapest entry you can find on Stub Hub, probably a field ticket and hang out at SRO areas. If you spot a enticing seat nobody seems to be occupying, get in it before a Lil Piggy fan does. If an actual ticket holder shows up & claims it, just move over or elsewhere in a friendly manner, no big to do about it necessary.

Bring friends, Bring the Rowdy! Go Pokes!

The Poke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I didn't have the sound on last night but apparently the ESPN+ crew pissed off the entire Vol Nation by insinuating that the entire team was being tested for PEDs, when in reality, one of their players was just out for one game.

https://twitter.com/treywallace_/status/1532948975912886273?s=21&t=2Hri35IhMLLXoWE9FwjN7Q
I heard it when he said it and started looking for more details. Turns out the commentator got trolled by a fake account and a fabricated story. The catcher was out sick and is expected to start today.

May 26, 2012
If you go back and look at all of the regional scores yesterday, you will notice an alarming amount of runs being scored. Like the old aluminum bat and juiced ball days. It appears the ncaa has juiced the balls. Wake forest has hit three home runs in the first inning this morning. Nobody has caught on to this yet.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Wright State up 3-0 over Gonzaga in the first. Many of the experts had the Zags in Omaha as their three starters are going high in MLB draft this years.

Aug 10, 2004
Stillwater
There aren't SRO tix, as this is not a regular season game. Things aren't the same as usual. As in, they don't announce at 3rd inning that SRO can fill empty seats. I also haven't noticed the people guarding the top of the stairs, they just don't seem to exist. Makes it a bit of a wild west in defending seats yourself. If you normally are a SRO type person, my advice is to just find the cheapest entry you can find on Stub Hub, probably a field ticket and hang out at SRO areas. If you spot a enticing seat nobody seems to be occupying, get in it before a Lil Piggy fan does. If an actual ticket holder shows up & claims it, just move over or elsewhere in a friendly manner, no big to do about it necessary.

Below is from okstate.com post season ticket page

Single Session locations (reserved, general admission, or standing room only) will go on sale at O’Brate Stadium one hour prior first pitch of each game.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
If you go back and look at all of the regional scores yesterday, you will notice an alarming amount of runs being scored. Like the old aluminum bat and juiced ball days. It appears the ncaa has juiced the balls. Wake forest has hit three home runs in the first inning this morning. Nobody has caught on to this yet.
I believe the umps inspect and approve bats for each game and it is a violation if you switch or change bats after the inspection. Balls all also inspected to met standards.

May 26, 2012
I believe the umps inspect and approve bats for each game and it is a violation if you switch or change bats after the inspection. Balls all also inspected to met standards.
There is no way the umpires can inspect the makeup and compression of the ball. Even in the major leagues. Pitchers this year in the majors have already said they have noticed 2 different balls being used. The ncaa can direct the manufacturer to make it the compression they want. If they want more offense they can have it tweaked. This has to have happened. Again look at yesterdays scores. Those are 1980’s scores. And I never stated that the bats are juiced.

tony6777

Anthony
A/V Subscriber
Aug 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Below is from okstate.com post season ticket page

Single Session locations (reserved, general admission, or standing room only) will go on sale at O’Brate Stadium one hour prior first pitch of each game.
It may say that, but I do not think that has been occurring. I haven't popped into Ticketmaster to see if they become available for sale at 1hr prior to the games nor have I tried calling into ticket office. I do know there has not been a huge mass of SRO fans as have been during the regular season games. If anybody on here has been buying SRO only tickets for these post season games, chime in.