Texas Bowl vs aTm

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
If we will put pressure on Mond throughout the game, we can severely limit their offense. He typically doesn’t play well when pressured. But for some reason, it seems like in some games (OU), we don’t even try to get to the QB. This game is very winnable, but I could see Gundy getting out-coached yet again.
Actually, I thought we schemed Hurts pretty well in Bedlam. 3 sacks and they didn’t beat us with big plays. We limited Lamb as well. We put OU in a position to incrementally march down the field, in hopes they would make a few mistakes and we could take advantage of turnovers. Unfortunately, they played a very clean and controlled game.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Actually, I thought we schemed Hurts pretty well in Bedlam. 3 sacks and they didn’t beat us with big plays. We limited Lamb as well. We put OU in a position to incrementally march down the field, in hopes they would make a few mistakes and we could take advantage of turnovers. Unfortunately, they played a very clean and controlled game.
Very true assessment. We took away Hurts and challenged them to beat us with their RBs. . . . which they did.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Not surprised in the slightest.

I was in the Cowboy Marching Band though before people started actually staying during halftime to watch us perform so I've got a little disdain for the aggie band... Nothing quite as upsetting as to routinely have the stadium rush to the concessions as soon as the clock hits 0:00 for half but when the aggie band comes to town they all sit on their a$$es in amazement (and then bolt for the concessions once it's CMB's turn)... Having been in the band during that time, I can tell you that I'm incredibly appreciative of the support the band has from the fans now (even though I'm not in it) because that support has most certainly not always been there. So high fives to everyone! :D
So you approve of holding a crowd hostage at halftime?

Nov 14, 2010
OSU had 3 sacks for -11 yards

Beyond the 3 sacks, Jalen Hurts averaged 5.5 yards a carry.

He averages 5.7 yards a carry on the season.

Even with the sacks he averaged right at 4 yards per carry.

Stevenson and Brooks averaged 8.6 yards per carry

OU had 283 yards rushing and averaged 6.4 yards per carry overall which is higher than their season average.

OU had runs of 18, 28 and 45.

They had receptions of 23, 23, 23, 23 29 and 30 yards.

They had 242 yards on 9 plays.

OU averaged 7.4 yards per play against us.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
OSU had 3 sacks for -11 yards

Beyond the 3 sacks, Jalen Hurts averaged 5.5 yards a carry.

He averages 5.7 yards a carry on the season.

Even with the sacks he averaged right at 4 yards per carry.

Stevenson and Brooks averaged 8.6 yards per carry

OU had 283 yards rushing and averaged 6.4 yards per carry overall which is higher than their season average.

OU had runs of 18, 28 and 45.

They had receptions of 23, 23, 23, 23 29 and 30 yards.

They had 242 yards on 9 plays.

OU averaged 7.4 yards per play against us.
Yes. It was hard to watch. That notwithstanding, we had to pick our poison. We mitigated Hurts and especially Lamb. They just had too many weapons for us to account for. I don’t think aTm has the same level of talent across the offense.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
If we will put pressure on Mond throughout the game, we can severely limit their offense. He typically doesn’t play well when pressured. But for some reason, it seems like in some games (OU), we don’t even try to get to the QB. This game is very winnable, but I could see Gundy getting out-coached yet again.
Did you change your handle Birry???

Nov 14, 2010
Yes. It was hard to watch. That notwithstanding, we had to pick our poison. We mitigated Hurts and especially Lamb. They just had too many weapons for us to account for. I don’t think aTm has the same level of talent across the offense.
Very true on all accounts

We needed to be able to keep up offensively and didn't have enough fire power to do so.

The way to beat OU is to jump out to a lead, fo which forces them away from their bread and butter

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So, here's the deal...I expect a win tomorrow...don't have a reason, just do. Bowl games are important and I'm thankful that Gundy typically knows this and practices accordingly. Here's hoping Sanders is 100% and Chuba uses this has his signature to either return or go pro. These two happen, and we protect the ball, I think we win this.

Feb 7, 2009
I think it is a good bowl game for OSU for several reasons. It is in Texas which will make it easy for team fans to attend the game.. We play a team we recruit against. A&M is overrated. Will be good for the Big 12 to have a team defeat one from the SEC, And the game is televised in a good time slot. Cowboys win 38-24.