That didn’t take long. Player tests positive for Covid

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 14, 2010
Of course you stopped...personal trainers is what they call them. Now are they’re personal trainers like you see at your local gym...no, They’re former players that coach and train the youth. They work with players ranging from high school to professional either individually or groups. Lots of players work with these type of people and it’s all over social media. Some of these guys have their own Home gym and allow access to college athletes. Lots of players from OU and OSU have worked out at knight sports performance in Edmond...they weights to work out with.
Advice....don’t believe everything on social media. Gundy having his players back 2 weeks earlier isn’t that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things IMO, but if you want to continue to hype it up be my guest. A lot of these players have had more access to workout equipment than you think whether it’s locally or staying with teammates.
This X 1000

Almost every one of these communities that Division 1 athletes come out of have a former player, coach etc... that has trained these kids on footwork, speed, agility, strength etc... and continue to do so even through their professional career

We have one right now in our community currently in the NFL, and one that was on a practice roster and they both train with the guy that they grew up training with.

And neither one of them came from an abundance of privilege

Those kinds if people and resources are everywhere

To the point to where these kids have to be careful that they are not being preyed upon.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
true the training table is one of the benefits of having them back. Let’s not act like they’re not getting fed at home. But for the kids that need to take weight off, the training table is invaluable. When they go home from break, they’re typically training, now their training for 3-4 months with trainers. A lot of these young men have been getting quality work. I seen it first hand. These guys stay in shape year round. They come back to campus without losing a step for the most part. All I simply said was I don’t think there’s a big advantage between June 15th and July 1...literally talking about 2 weeks and players have July and August to get in shape. 8 weeks is well enough time for these athletes to get in shape IMO.

in terms of gyms...if you think these kids haven’t had access to gyms at their HS, or a home gym by either a friend or a trainer, you’re a tad naive. Most kids have been weight training whether it’s through a friend or friends of another friend. Hell Spencer sanders had been staying with Carson Kropp working out with him and brenden Evers. A lot of players have staying together during this time. Since may, a lot of the kids have had access to local gyms so that’s false.

last, the term voluntary has not been used for the last decade. Don’t know where you got that BS from, but it’s been tern “mandatory” for June unless your HS graduates later in June thus reporting in July ( ex Deondrick Glass). Believe or not, there is some parents that are concerned due to the pandemic. Maybe not at OSU, but at other schools, parents have concerns and are hesitant. Don’t know why but hey...it’s their child so can’t blame them. I’m under the assumption everyone will report, but the coaches aren’t forcing them to be here.
Haha - coaches aren't forcing them?

NCAA rules limit players to 20 hours/week of mandatory activities in season and 8 hours/week in summer. Look it up. My son played in college - the 20 hours of mandatory activities barely covered practice and position meetings - everything else was "voluntary." Of course, if you missed voluntary lifting or conditioning sessions you didn't play, if it became a habit you were dismissed from the team. Voluntary stuff typically ran 10-15 hours/week.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Haha - coaches aren't forcing them?

NCAA rules limit players to 20 hours/week of mandatory activities in season and 8 hours/week in summer. Look it up. My son played in college - the 20 hours of mandatory activities barely covered practice and position meetings - everything else was "voluntary." Of course, if you missed voluntary lifting or conditioning sessions you didn't play, if it became a habit you were dismissed from the team. Voluntary stuff typically ran 10-15 hours/week.
LMAO!! I think you misread my post completely. I'm literally talking about this year particularly and the pandemic and voluntary workouts. In my post I said workouts are typically mandatory so WTH are you talking about!! All that you said is common knowledge so tell me something I don't know smh!!! This year, is likely the exception where workouts in the month of June are "voluntary" due to parents having concerns about their kid on campus.

Oct 30, 2007

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
LMAO!! I think you misread my post completely. I'm literally talking about this year particularly and the pandemic and voluntary workouts. In my post I said workouts are typically mandatory so WTH are you talking about!! All that you said is common knowledge so tell me something I don't know smh!!! This year, is likely the exception where workouts in the month of June are "voluntary" due to parents having concerns about their kid on campus.
My point is no matter what you call them there are no such things as voluntary workouts, this year or any year. Skip them and you won't play.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
My point is no matter what you call them there are no such things as voluntary workouts, this year or any year. Skip them and you won't play.
Again, I was engaging with another poster you misunderstood. I know that if you don't show up, you're not playing. Never did I once said players would. I said it was mandatory so again don't know what you're trying to prove.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Let's hope they have better techniques now than bloodletting. Based on the article in USA Today below it doesn't sound like bringing them in early was all that great of an idea because now they are saying stay away.

"Additionally, freshman players who were initially scheduled to move in this weekend were notified by email or text message that their report date has been delayed until further notice, two sources told The Oklahoman."

I'll probabaly get banned for using an article that is contrary to the beliefs on this board. I've already been warned about starting fights on here. Always thought it took two to tango but apparently the mods only have eyes for me. Oh well, if this is goodbye, I know I will be missed.
As opposed to bring them in late and then telling them to stay home?

Also, it's the freshmen who were told their report date is being delayed. The earlier you get a handle on any issues the better.