The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 3, 2010
I'll answer your question if you answer mine.

Indeed. So Biden has 8 accusers, but none of them allege sexual assault, but some uncomfortable touching or comments.

Rump has over 30 accusers, several accusations of straight up sexual assault and forcing his tongue in their mouths. A bunch of them accuse him of just waltzing in on them in dressing rooms. And he professes to have known epstein for 15 years, while also admitting that he knows that he likes younger girls. So i guess rump won this round.
Congratulations. No sure if anyone really wins in this scenario.

Sep 12, 2008
U.S. diplomats in China were subjected to anal swab testing for Covid-19, the State Department says.

The U.S. had "received assurances from China that the tests were done in error," a spokesperson said.

So much for diplomatic immunity... :lol:

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
U.S. diplomats in China were subjected to anal swab testing for Covid-19, the State Department says.

The U.S. had "received assurances from China that the tests were done in error," a spokesperson said. :lol:
Seems to be a signal to me. You're our bitch, don't ever try to improve your trade agreements with us the way your predecessor did.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
House tried to put a $15 minimum wage into covid relief bill. Senate said no. Now they are going to try to address it in its own bill. This will absolutely crush small business. In the 4 businesses I own, we were chugging along before covid. The last 3-4 months it has all caught up to us. My partner and I have spent our life savings keeping all of our over 100 employees employed. We are teetering on the edge of closing all businesses. All of our employees make at least $10/hour, but 80-90% of them make less than $15/hr. If this happens it will finish us off. This administration is dangerous. How many dollars of this covid bill are actually going to the PEOPLE of the United States? They are pushing all small businesses out of business. That is the plan. There will be nothing but big corporate and government jobs left. There will be the elite and the surfs. Better make a lot of money and become elite or your children will be surfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
House tried to put a $15 minimum wage into covid relief bill. Senate said no. Now they are going to try to address it in its own bill. This will absolutely crush small business. In the 4 businesses I own, we were chugging along before covid. The last 3-4 months it has all caught up to us. My partner and I have spent our life savings keeping all of our over 100 employees employed. We are teetering on the edge of closing all businesses. All of our employees make at least $10/hour, but 80-90% of them make less than $15/hr. If this happens it will finish us off. This administration is dangerous. How many dollars of this covid bill are actually going to the PEOPLE of the United States? They are pushing all small businesses out of business. That is the plan. There will be nothing but big corporate and government jobs left. There will be the elite and the surfs. Better make a lot of money and become elite or your children will be surfs.

As a business owner, I can agree. People need to understand that if this happens, small businesses have no choice but to pass the increases off to their customers. We have maintained the same pricing for the last 8 years. Co vid has stressed a lot of businesses so much that sadly, I will have to have a price increase. All of the people I work with make over 15 per hour. If the wage increase happens, my vendors will increase their wages. Ultimately I will get an increase that I will have to pass on to my customers. Crap rolls down hill and at the end of the day consumers are the ones that foot the bill.

Sep 12, 2008
China’s state-run Global Times newspaper mocked President Joe Biden on Friday, quoting his declaration, “America is back,” in a headline about his decision to bomb Syria on Thursday evening.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

Just out of curiosity, are these full time employees? I honestly don't know how you could retain any workforce while paying 90% of them less than $30,000/year. Totally different story if we're talking part-time.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The only thing better than an evasive canned response is an evasive canned response repeated verbatim twice.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

Just out of curiosity, are these full time employees? I honestly don't know how you could retain any workforce while paying 90% of them less than $30,000/year. Totally different story if we're talking part-time.
Yea they are. We pay market rate plus about 10-20% to start. Most of them are HS graduates with 6 month votech or less education.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

As a business owner, I can agree. People need to understand that if this happens, small businesses have no choice but to pass the increases off to their customers. We have maintained the same pricing for the last 8 years. Co vid has stressed a lot of businesses so much that sadly, I will have to have a price increase. All of the people I work with make over 15 per hour. If the wage increase happens, my vendors will increase their wages. Ultimately I will get an increase that I will have to pass on to my customers. Crap rolls down hill and at the end of the day consumers are the ones that foot the bill.
I’m trying to figure out why you guys can’t pay your employees a decent wage? $15 isn’t even a lot. It’s still kind of shitty at the end of the day, but it goes further in a place like Oklahoma. Just seems a little weird with the average income being about $20 an hour, and yet you guys , other small businesses can barely survive paying your employees half of that. I mean, what kind of uneducated unqualified Gumps can you get with this low pay rate? And how can small businesses in Australia survive paying $19/hr? Because while the cost of living has always been slightly higher there than it is here, it hasn’t grown precipitously like their minimum wage has. I suppose there has to be some number out there, it just seems kind of arbitrary that you can afford $10 an hour, but she can’t afford let’s say $13. I mean, I guess it depends on how much you pocket at the end of the year. Maybe instead of 150,000, you only keep 100,000. That way you don’t have to take it out of your customers pockets, and your employees are happier and more loyal, and you can be more picky about the quality of person you employ.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

"They can learn to build solar panels." John Kerry

These people don't give a rat's ass outside of their narrow and privileged world. I never really thought a misguided AOC would be more appealing than a "moderate" Democrat. At least she seems idealistic, Biden's people are just slimy oligarchs.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I’m trying to figure out why you guys can’t pay your employees a decent wage? $15 isn’t even a lot. It’s still kind of shitty at the end of the day, but it goes further in a place like Oklahoma. Just seems a little weird with the average income being about $20 an hour, and yet you guys , other small businesses can barely survive paying your employees half of that. I mean, what kind of uneducated unqualified Gumps can you get with this low pay rate? And how can small businesses in Australia survive paying $19/hr? Because while the cost of living has always been slightly higher there than it is here, it hasn’t grown precipitously like their minimum wage has. I suppose there has to be some number out there, it just seems kind of arbitrary that you can afford $10 an hour, but she can’t afford let’s say $13. I mean, I guess it depends on how much you pocket at the end of the year. Maybe instead of 150,000, you only keep 100,000. That way you don’t have to take it out of your customers pockets, and your employees are happier and more loyal, and you can be more picky about the quality of person you employ.
Wow, your clueless. I would bet that if you asked most small business owners, a vast majority are not even taking salaries or severely reduced salaries. Yet we still have to pay all the costs for the business. FYI, I took my first paycheck in 4 months this week. I am also the business owner that assumes all the risk. I simply cannot quit my job to find another.

If you don't have competitors in the market, the customer will pay a hell of a lot more. Do you even know what market rate is for jobs?

That sure is nice of you to look down your nose at people just trying to survive. Do you even realize how many people that you insulted?