The bowl games thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
A 3-7 team played in a bowl game............???
NCAA allowed any team that wanted to play in bowl games this year due to covid. They stated so at the beginning of the year to encourage teams not to play games they shouldn't (ie to many covid positives) due to trying to make a bowl game.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
Yeah I added to my post after I watched it again.

Looked to me like #3 of Mississippi St was the wild man who jumped over assistants to throw punches.

The ESPN announcer (Matich??) was blaming a Tulsa assistant/staff but I didn't see whatever he was talking about "at the bottom of your screen". Looked to me like MSU was the instigator....and Leach was less than impressive explaining it.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Looked to me like #3 of Mississippi St was the wild man who jumped over assistants to throw punches.

The ESPN announcer (Matich??) was blaming a Tulsa assistant/staff but I didn't see whatever he was talking about "at the bottom of your screen". Looked to me like MSU was the instigator....and Leach was less than impressive explaining it.
Yea it looked like a normal bench clearing jawing session that happens occasionally but #3 for Miss State clearly jumps over coaches to punch someone then it all went to hell. I used to coach football in the inner city of OKC and I've seen my fair share of brawls start out just like that. We actually had to hold one kid out of hand shake lines or have a coach walk with him because he had a history of starting stuff. His senior year, the other coaches and I left for other jobs, he started a massive brawl that caused the police to use pepper spray on the crowd.