The pathetic last ditch attempt to stop the Kavanaugh confirmation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
The Democrats have viciously overplayed their hand

This tragedy that became a farce is now a crime, the crime of purposeful defamation of an innocent man. Leftists are so determined to prevent Kavanaugh from becoming a justice on the Supreme Court that they have exposed themselves as the lowlife cheaters they are, without shame or any sense of decency.
When they do not win, they will do anything to undo their loss. This is what has motivated the left since the 2016 election. From the moment Trump won, leftists set about their plans to remove him from office by any means necessary. The cabal that put this plan into motion cares nothing for the law, the Constitution, or the people its members set out to ruin as they have Brett Kavanaugh.
There are no words to adequately describe how venal these conspirators among the congressional left are, how low they are prepared to go. To this day, not one Democrat has spoken out against this monstrous plan to destroy a fine man who has led an impeccable life. Not one. Each and every one of them knows that this is an odious campaign based on lies, but not one of them will admit to this fact. The Democratic Party is officially deplorable in every sense of the word.
Blasey Ford's allegations are laughable, not at all credible. The woman has no memory of when, where, how her alleged assault took place. She was and remains known for her excessive drinking. She has no idea who groped her any more than the second woman Ronan Farrow and Jane Mayer (who regularly celebrates the wrong people) have written about in the New Yorker knows who exposed himself to her, if anyone.
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Jul 7, 2004
Aparently the vast majority of Democrats who have commented on the allegations say we must believe all women who alledge sexual assault. Based on their position I would expect them to introduce a bill to just go straight to sentencing for any man accused skip the trial because the women are always telling the truth. It would save a lot of court costs and free up courts to hear other type of cases.

May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
10 Red Flags About Sexual Assault Claims, From An Employment Lawyer

I stand athwart the streamroller of sexual misconduct complaints that crush the innocent, end marriages, and destroy careers. In the Me Too era, I am an employment attorney in the politically incorrect vocation of defending who must pay if misconduct is found.
My skin is thick, and I do not melt when asked, “How dare you!” I dare because I do not want the innocent to be wrongly punished. I know it’s a very unfashionable to advocate on behalf of the presumption of innocence, and I am often reminded of how insensitive and outdated the principle is in today’s climate.
Of course, courtesy to the alleged victim is absolutely essential to be effective. To do otherwise is completely counterproductive and quickly turns the focus from the facts to the conduct within the inquiry. So I go to great pains to make my questions respectful.
I don’t interrupt. I don’t impugn. I just ask the accuser to walk me through what he or she is saying entitles him or her to damages. We know from cases like the Duke lacrosse team that mob justice can trample defense of the falsely accused.
(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalist.com ...

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
Aparently the vast majority of Democrats who have commented on the allegations say we must believe all women who alledge sexual assault. Based on their position I would expect them to introduce a bill to just go straight to sentencing for any man accused skip the trial because the women are always telling the truth. It would save a lot of court costs and free up courts to hear other type of cases.
B2F274DE-BE88-4D59-91DC-D2F51A06249D.jpeg

Life imitates literature.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
10 Red Flags About Sexual Assault Claims, From An Employment Lawyer

I stand athwart the streamroller of sexual misconduct complaints that crush the innocent, end marriages, and destroy careers. In the Me Too era, I am an employment attorney in the politically incorrect vocation of defending who must pay if misconduct is found.
My skin is thick, and I do not melt when asked, “How dare you!” I dare because I do not want the innocent to be wrongly punished. I know it’s a very unfashionable to advocate on behalf of the presumption of innocence, and I am often reminded of how insensitive and outdated the principle is in today’s climate.
Of course, courtesy to the alleged victim is absolutely essential to be effective. To do otherwise is completely counterproductive and quickly turns the focus from the facts to the conduct within the inquiry. So I go to great pains to make my questions respectful.
I don’t interrupt. I don’t impugn. I just ask the accuser to walk me through what he or she is saying entitles him or her to damages. We know from cases like the Duke lacrosse team that mob justice can trample defense of the falsely accused.
(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalist.com ...

Only 10 red flags out of 10. Hmmmm.....

May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
Kavanaugh Accuser Christine Blasey Ford Indicates She May Not Testify After All

Christine Blasey Ford is set to give the whole game away and then some.
This Thursday, the woman who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault is set to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Ford alleges that Kavanaugh forcibly groped her at a party while both were in high school. So far, no eyewitnesses corroborate her account.
Everything up until this point has shown that Ford isn’t exactly a scrupulous truth-teller just out trying to do the right thing. She initially refused to testify, despite her attorney claiming she would before. (RELATED: Kavanaugh Accuser Christine Blasey Ford Wants FBI Investigation, Won’t Testify Before Congress.)
Then, once agreeing to testify, she claimed that she had a fear of flying, which could delay her getting to Washington, D.C., despite vacationing in the “mid-Atlantic” region just months prior. (RELATED: Christine Blasey Ford Indicates She Doesn’t Want to Fly to Testify.)
(Excerpt) Read more at thepoliticalinsider.com ...

May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
Methinks the polls were starting to turn. Muslims have sharia law where the testimony of a male is worth twice that of a female.
The feminazi crowd has Pussy Hat Law where the testimony of a female is worth twice that of a male.
Americans gave it some thought and finally decided they wouldn't want their sons, fathers or husbands railroaded in like manner as Judge Kavanaugh.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I vote that they hire Clarence Thomas' wife to ask the questions. She is a lawyer in DC. Or maybe Laura Ingraham or Ann Coulter?

On a serious note. As soon as the Thursday Meetings are over, McConnell should inform all senators that debate starts at 7 am on Friday and the vote will be at 1pm on Saturday. He is required to give them 30 hours of debate.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Why do Democrats want to shift the burden of proof to the accused? Seriously, that's what's at play here and we should get an answer to this question. They have placed the burden of proof for men on the accused in regards to sexual crimes.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Why do Democrats want to shift the burden of proof to the accused? Seriously, that's what's at play here and we should get an answer to this question. They have placed the burden of proof for men on the accused in regards to sexual crimes.
What if the accuser was a very beautiful conservative woman who was well known to stand for the very same conservatives beliefs you do. Wouldn't you quite strongly take her side then?

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4EWd_u1nc4

Ted Cruz lays it out very clearly, Democrats want to relitigate the 2016 election. Elections have consequences and the people of this country spoke up through their vote. It's time for Democrats to swallow the pill and move on! They're embarrasing themselves.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
The Democrats have viciously overplayed their hand

This tragedy that became a farce is now a crime, the crime of purposeful defamation of an innocent man. Leftists are so determined to prevent Kavanaugh from becoming a justice on the Supreme Court that they have exposed themselves as the lowlife cheaters they are, without shame or any sense of decency.
When they do not win, they will do anything to undo their loss. This is what has motivated the left since the 2016 election. From the moment Trump won, leftists set about their plans to remove him from office by any means necessary. The cabal that put this plan into motion cares nothing for the law, the Constitution, or the people its members set out to ruin as they have Brett Kavanaugh.
There are no words to adequately describe how venal these conspirators among the congressional left are, how low they are prepared to go. To this day, not one Democrat has spoken out against this monstrous plan to destroy a fine man who has led an impeccable life. Not one. Each and every one of them knows that this is an odious campaign based on lies, but not one of them will admit to this fact. The Democratic Party is officially deplorable in every sense of the word.
Blasey Ford's allegations are laughable, not at all credible. The woman has no memory of when, where, how her alleged assault took place. She was and remains known for her excessive drinking. She has no idea who groped her any more than the second woman Ronan Farrow and Jane Mayer (who regularly celebrates the wrong people) have written about in the New Yorker knows who exposed himself to her, if anyone.
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...
Where can I pick up a copy of American Thinker? I'd like to find out more about their journalists and see what other publications they've written for.