TV for Baseball games

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 29, 2009
not panicking on the season at all but I am wondering why we always "experiment" out of the gates and are ok with non-conference losses earlier in the year. I guess i just expect more out this baseball team now. especially with the athletes we are starting to get and will get from the new stadium
Its a long season with a lot of innings to pitch. You don't want to wear out your dudes in non-con especially when you don't have enough experienced dudes. We have several young pups who look like they will be dudes but have no experience. Get them experience in non-con so they are ready to go in conference play when it really counts.Looks to me that Standlee is the safety net when a young guy gets in trouble. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start Sundays in conference and let the young pups have Saturday. Agree we should have won yesterday but, 4 games in 5 days so we needed to be fresh as possible for the weekend. Once these HHLD's find the gaps instead of the leather we could see double digit runs more often than not.It is gonna be fun to watch it all play out.

Side note ESPN+ has been 98% since fall!

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Its a long season with a lot of innings to pitch. You don't want to wear out your dudes in non-con especially when you don't have enough experienced dudes. We have several young pups who look like they will be dudes but have no experience. Get them experience in non-con so they are ready to go in conference play when it really counts.Looks to me that Standlee is the safety net when a young guy gets in trouble. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start Sundays in conference and let the young pups have Saturday. Agree we should have won yesterday but, 4 games in 5 days so we needed to be fresh as possible for the weekend. Once these HHLD's find the gaps instead of the leather we could see double digit runs more often than not.It is gonna be fun to watch it all play out.

Side note ESPN+ has been 98% since fall!
Plus it has been kinda cold. Perfect time to get some innings in for young guys.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://okstate.com/sports/baseball/schedule
The baseball schedule lists the broadcasting network for the games in the middle portion of the column. Oklahoma State still has a Youtube channel, but all of the games they used to broadcast for free have now been moved to ESPN+. That's where most of our games are broadcast this year. You'll have to subscribe to see the games.
Gotta pay for that new stadium somehow. If there were no hassles with ESPN+ I’d probably go ahead and do it but I don’t know very many people who have it and say it works great all the time.
ESPN+ has been great during basketball and the couple of baseball I've watched.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 31, 2006
63 mi S. of Stillwater
I've had ESPN+ for a few months and haven't had any issues. My only complaint is the announcing is below average at best. It's been nice to watch a basketball game on ESPN+ when it otherwise wouldn't have been televised at all due to a crappy record. I wish every event OSU was participating in was on the service, but it's not and for $6 month I can not only watch most of OSU's games, I can also watch other events non-OSU related.
I totally agree on the crappy announcers during the broadcast, especially basketball. One of the guys on Saturday didn't know who Big Country was when the PBP guy referenced him.

The great thing about the baseball games I've watched this season on ESPN+ is that you get to listen to Rex doing the game. It has the radio feed as audio, big thumbs up from me for doing that. Now, if we could only get the radio guys during the other sports it would be great.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Asking someone in the media why they don't just ask OSU directly, rather than post something on a message board, is implying you have any input on OSU's broadcast decisions?

With such informed posts, I'm sure whatever it is you do is riveting stuff.
dude...GO AWAY!
Wow. Take note people. This is what’s called “being the bigger person”. It’s obvious who the asshole is in their exchange, but PP77 has chosen not to engage. You two jackasses in the BYU thread could learn something from him.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I totally agree on the crappy announcers during the broadcast, especially basketball. One of the guys on Saturday didn't know who Big Country was when the PBP guy referenced him.

The great thing about the baseball games I've watched this season on ESPN+ is that you get to listen to Rex doing the game. It has the radio feed as audio, big thumbs up from me for doing that. Now, if we could only get the radio guys during the other sports it would be great.

Totally agree, I love listening to Rex and the Chief, they're great at what they do. I do a lot of listening to other college baseball radio broadcasts during the NCAA Tournament, and trust me, we're spoiled with our radio team.

MT Cowboy

'S Go
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2013
CO

Totally agree, I love listening to Rex and the Chief, they're great at what they do. I do a lot of listening to other college baseball radio broadcasts during the NCAA Tournament, and trust me, we're spoiled with our radio team.
Now if only ESPN could keep their ball-strike count updated correctly. It felt like it was off more than it was accurate on yesterday's broadcast.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I've had ESPN+ for a few months and haven't had any issues. My only complaint is the announcing is below average at best. It's been nice to watch a basketball game on ESPN+ when it otherwise wouldn't have been televised at all due to a crappy record. I wish every event OSU was participating in was on the service, but it's not and for $6 month I can not only watch most of OSU's games, I can also watch other events non-OSU related.

Last night's game was Dave hunziker and somebody else. *wink*

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Now if only ESPN could keep their ball-strike count updated correctly. It felt like it was off more than it was accurate on yesterday's broadcast.
I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking that this is basically what orange power studios used to put up on YouTube last year but is now just repackaged for ESPN plus. So if that's the case then it's orangepower doing the graphic updates.

MT Cowboy

'S Go
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2013
CO

I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking that this is basically what orange power studios used to put up on YouTube last year but is now just repackaged for ESPN plus. So if that's the case then it's orangepower doing the graphic updates.

Must be a new guy or something lost in translation this year then cause last year I dont recall ever seeing it be wrong. At least nowhere near as often as this season.

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Wow. Take note people. This is what’s called “being the bigger person”. It’s obvious who the asshole is in their exchange, but PP77 has chosen not to engage. You two jackasses in the BYU thread could learn something from him.
hey pot meet kettle. And as far as learning something, I will use your own words that you used when choosing to engage, f@$k you, jackass.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
My main complaints with ESPN+ are announcers and the interface makes it a bit difficult to locate what you want. When you are literally putting every game on TV, good announcers can’t cover them all. Sometime I just watch it on mute. Needs to pop any content that involves your ESPN set favorite teams right to the front of the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
hey pot meet kettle. And as far as learning something, I will use your own words that you used when choosing to engage, f@$k you, jackass.
I’m impressed you didn’t wait until the middle of a game thread to try to start this. I’d call that progress.

Nov 5, 2003
morgantown, wv
Always gonna be some hiccups, but I've never had any major problems with it and I've watched a bunch of NHL, MLS and other games on there the last year and a half since I've had it.
Can't disagree more. ESPN dropped the ball on the Big 12 coverage. When they started with the football season, the OSU games had terrible production - the picture was poor, sound quality sucked. Another OSU football game had not broadcast for the first half of the game. I think that was the Kstate game. ESPN should be better than that. To me this ESPN+ has been a terrible disappointment.

Also, what is ESPN's incentive to broadcast games on regular ESPN network stations? Now that the Big 12 has made this commitment to ESPN+, ESPN can now shove all the Big 12 games they want to the streaming (pay per view) ESPN+ since the Big 12 has no network. Now we will have to pay per view for ESPN+ and regular ESPN cable. I can see Big 12 folks getting royally screwed by ESPN on this in the future.

Aug 7, 2006
Can't disagree more. ESPN dropped the ball on the Big 12 coverage. When they started with the football season, the OSU games had terrible production - the picture was poor, sound quality sucked. Another OSU football game had not broadcast for the first half of the game. I think that was the Kstate game. ESPN should be better than that. To me this ESPN+ has been a terrible disappointment.

Also, what is ESPN's incentive to broadcast games on regular ESPN network stations? Now that the Big 12 has made this commitment to ESPN+, ESPN can now shove all the Big 12 games they want to the streaming (pay per view) ESPN+ since the Big 12 has no network. Now we will have to pay per view for ESPN+ and regular ESPN cable. I can see Big 12 folks getting royally screwed by ESPN on this in the future.
The football games were definitely bad. I believe that will be addressed next season for games being put on ESPN+. The Big 12 administration and schools were lead to believe ESPN would be producing those games at the same standard they produce their traditional broadcast (that's why they agreed to let them do the K-State game) and they 100% did not. They put very little effort into them and it showed. I don't think the Big 12 is going to let them do that this year. I could be wrong though.

Technically, they can't shove any game they want on ESPN+, at least for football... other sports are a different story. Our tier 1 and 2 broadcasts are owned by Fox and ESPN, so pretty much all conference games will be on their traditional networks. ESPN+ only has the rights to the tier 3 games from the schools that are partnered with ESPN+, anything after that has to be agreed to by the schools and the conference. Last year, the schools and conference agreed to let them put conference games on there last year to help build a subscriber base, I don't see that happening this year unless they step their game up with the broadcast.

Feb 18, 2009
Always gonna be some hiccups, but I've never had any major problems with it and I've watched a bunch of NHL, MLS and other games on there the last year and a half since I've had it.
Agreed. The amount of complaints I’ve seen don’t match up to my experience with streaming at all. I’ve watched so many more OkState events than I could have in the past.