UPDATED - Visitor / Results

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 28, 2010
Since the other threads seem to roll off into other conversations about stars and single digit ACT scores, I thought I would get back to the meat and potatoes. Listed are the visitors starting last week with results of their visit and upcoming visits and players showing up on the scene as well as removing those that have fallen off.

Jan 13th Visitors
S. Jacobs (OLB) - Sounds like a good visit, will decide between OSU and UCLA, gotta like our odds there with family in Tulsa as reported. Speedy LB's are what you need in the Big12!
J. Mickens (IWR) - Great visit. Kid is pumped about OSU and has us as his leader. Trip to the Ducks this weekend will determine his choice, wish he would have went there first....
K. Hatcher (OWR) - Visit went VERY well. Pigs this weekend will try to remind him why he chose them in first place. We should all be hoping for him to pick Poke over Pork!
Jan 20th Visitors
L. Mcneil (S) - Kid is a stud. Mom visiting with him gives us a good shot. With Dooley a dead man walking the sell has to be our loss of JT and a chance to start 1st day on campus. Closer to home and a long term contract for our coach who actually wins. When is the last time Tennessee did anything? Remind him of that!!!
J. Williams (OWR) - We have been on this kid for a while. Great size, and perfect fit for the position. Seems to have had us near the top for quite some time. Rumors of eligibility issues exist. If those are false we need him.
K. Lawler (OWR) - Only visit to compare to ours was @ Oregon State last week. Kid obviously loves the orange and black. He may not yet know we are the "brightest orange" but will soon see that once he gets here. Rumors out there about eligibility on him as well. No offer, yet we are listed as "high" so if he qualifies, he should be our top OWR target at this point. Sign this kid!
C. Allen (OWR) - Not a lot of knowledge on this kid other than the typical size of our ever growing list of stud WR's. The coaches know more than we know regarding our depth and this class so they are bringing him in for a visit. Maybe someone knows more than me on this one.....
**Special Note: Don't under estimate the fact that this weekend we will be hosting a large portion of commits. This can never hurt as all the kids these guys are with are all 100% ready to be Cowboys!
Jan 27th Visitors
C. Thompson (S/OLB) - A&M Commit. Kid can play and is another athletic kid for our defense which can not be under valued at any point. Visiting LSU this week so we will have ground to make up, but would be a solid get
T. Elston (IWR/KR) - A lot like Mickens with an Army AA resume to boot. He has been speaking well of OSU and has yet to be on campus, even going as far as calling us the leader 10 days ago. One of my personal favorites and ones I hope we land. Sounds like the buyer is ready, close the deal!!

There are still many wild-cards that keep popping up, but all of that is rumor until the kids set an official visit here and we offer them. There are 3 possible OL visitors with a couple weeks left, as well as the K. Peterson situation. It has been very quiet since the story of Gundy doing an in home visit with Peterson this week surfaced. It would not surprise me to see him show up on campus next week with the large group of committed visitors. If we could get him here for that, it may be what gets him to switch. Being an OSU fan and a local kid, I would hate to have to cheer against him the next 4 years!

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
I always love hearing that we're a frontrunner for someone and he hasn't even visited yet (T.Elston).

Also, I loved the news that Mickens and Jacobs were really high on OSU, especially Mickens. This class is going to finish strong, I feel.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
I always love hearing that we're a frontrunner for someone and he hasn't even visited yet (T.Elston).

Also, I loved the news that Mickens and Jacobs were really high on OSU, especially Mickens. This class is going to finish strong, I feel.
But will it finish strong enough to leapfrog Baylor in the Big 12 rankings???:whistle:

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
Ha ha. Well, he is a Mizzou alum. Others have you all a little ahead of them.
Well, I haven't seen the others. But a prior conversation between me and H2Orange made me sure he was referring to Ubben's rankings. Which is still weird to me, because Mizzou has but one more recruit than we do, and the same number of ESPN Top 150 commits (1). Oh well. They're not here next year to worry about anyway.

Oct 29, 2011
Little updates on Keon. After his visit at OSU, he has become less committed to Arkansas than previous, example: his twitter account does not read committed to Arkansas anymore. Staff must have done a heck of a job on his visit!!

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
Sep 27, 2010
Funny that Twitter has become the barometer from which we derive our recruiting happiness.

Jan 28, 2008
OKC, OK
Since the other threads seem to roll off into other conversations about stars and single digit ACT scores, I thought I would get back to the meat and potatoes. Listed are the visitors starting last week with results of their visit and upcoming visits and players showing up on the scene as well as removing those that have fallen off.

Jan 13th Visitors
S. Jacobs (OLB) - Sounds like a good visit, will decide between OSU and UCLA, gotta like our odds there with family in Tulsa as reported. Speedy LB's are what you need in the Big12!
J. Mickens (IWR) - Great visit. Kid is pumped about OSU and has us as his leader. Trip to the Ducks this weekend will determine his choice, wish he would have went there first....
K. Hatcher (OWR) - Visit went VERY well. Pigs this weekend will try to remind him why he chose them in first place. We should all be hoping for him to pick Poke over Pork!
Jan 20th Visitors
L. Mcneil (S) - Kid is a stud. Mom visiting with him gives us a good shot. With Dooley a dead man walking the sell has to be our loss of JT and a chance to start 1st day on campus. Closer to home and a long term contract for our coach who actually wins. When is the last time Tennessee did anything? Remind him of that!!!
J. Williams (OWR) - We have been on this kid for a while. Great size, and perfect fit for the position. Seems to have had us near the top for quite some time. Rumors of eligibility issues exist. If those are false we need him.
K. Lawler (OWR) - Only visit to compare to ours was @ Oregon State last week. Kid obviously loves the orange and black. He may not yet know we are the "brightest orange" but will soon see that once he gets here. Rumors out there about eligibility on him as well. No offer, yet we are listed as "high" so if he qualifies, he should be our top OWR target at this point. Sign this kid!
C. Allen (OWR) - Not a lot of knowledge on this kid other than the typical size of our ever growing list of stud WR's. The coaches know more than we know regarding our depth and this class so they are bringing him in for a visit. Maybe someone knows more than me on this one.....
**Special Note: Don't under estimate the fact that this weekend we will be hosting a large portion of commits. This can never hurt as all the kids these guys are with are all 100% ready to be Cowboys!
Jan 27th Visitors
C. Thompson (S/OLB) - A&M Commit. Kid can play and is another athletic kid for our defense which can not be under valued at any point. Visiting LSU this week so we will have ground to make up, but would be a solid get
T. Elston (IWR/KR) - A lot like Mickens with an Army AA resume to boot. He has been speaking well of OSU and has yet to be on campus, even going as far as calling us the leader 10 days ago. One of my personal favorites and ones I hope we land. Sounds like the buyer is ready, close the deal!!

There are still many wild-cards that keep popping up, but all of that is rumor until the kids set an official visit here and we offer them. There are 3 possible OL visitors with a couple weeks left, as well as the K. Peterson situation. It has been very quiet since the story of Gundy doing an in home visit with Peterson this week surfaced. It would not surprise me to see him show up on campus next week with the large group of committed visitors. If we could get him here for that, it may be what gets him to switch. Being an OSU fan and a local kid, I would hate to have to cheer against him the next 4 years!
Poke44, nice break down and well done. I applaud your efforts. I will have to agree with you on most recruits but I feel pretty confident in saying McNeil is still leaning pretty heavy towards the Vols. He's been harassed time-and-time again about his allegiance to UTenn and he continues to maintain he is 100%. But your points about this kid are spot-on...Momma knows best and if the coaches can convince her, well, there might actually be a shot (albeit long) at getting him. The math adds up in my head - OSU vs UTenn "of late" (OSU winner), coaching stability (duh, OSU winner), geographic locale for Momma to come watch son (running the numbers from Dallas to Stilly vs Dallas to Knoxville, OSU winner), chance to play REAL soon (draw).

CowboyVenus

An orange light stuck in the crimson darkness
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2010
Norman, OK
Poke44, nice break down and well done. I applaud your efforts. I will have to agree with you on most recruits but I feel pretty confident in saying McNeil is still leaning pretty heavy towards the Vols. He's been harassed time-and-time again about his allegiance to UTenn and he continues to maintain he is 100%. But your points about this kid are spot-on...Momma knows best and if the coaches can convince her, well, there might actually be a shot (albeit long) at getting him. The math adds up in my head - OSU vs UTenn "of late" (OSU winner), coaching stability (duh, OSU winner), geographic locale for Momma to come watch son (running the numbers from Dallas to Stilly vs Dallas to Knoxville, OSU winner), chance to play REAL soon (draw).
Kendall Sanders also was like this with OSU and he was even at 110% committed so anything can happen.