US Open

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Rickie tees off at 10:02 tomorrow playing with SW Kim and Jason Day. In the afternoon they have Noren, CH3 and Eckroat in the same group going off around 3:00. Viktor gets to play with Koepka and Molinari later in the afternoon.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From the Associated Press...

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. — The last man to win a U.S. title at Pebble Beach?

Not Tiger Woods. That was 2000. Not Graeme McDowell. That was 2010.

It would be Viktor Hovland of Norway. He won the U.S. Amateur championship last August and has seen so many doors open for him because of that win, he can’t really process it all.

“I don’t know if I truly know yet,” he said, when asked about the magnitude of last year’s victory, “because I don’t know where the story is leading to.”

It has already led to an invitation to the Masters, where he finished as the low amateur, and got the invitation to Butler Cabin to receive the silver cup that goes along with the honor.

On Thursday, Hovland will play the opening round of the U.S. Open alongside two-time defending champion Brooks Koepka and British Open titlist Francisco Molinari.

Then, next week, he’s turning pro, and he’ll make his debut in the Travelers Championship near Hartford.
“Haven’t gotten there,” he said. “I’m thinking about the U.S. Open right now.”

Jul 9, 2004
Viktor had a great day. Just absolutely sprinted out of the gate to -4 after 6. He ran into a little trouble. But finished the round birdie, birdie to post a 2 under(69) for the day

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Viktor is tied for 16th along with two time defending US Open champion Koepka and the likes of Matt Kuchar. He’s ahead of Tiger and Spieth and Mickelson. Ekroat and Howell III are at +1 and tied for 58th, so looking strong to make the cut. Viktor’s two birdies at 17 and 18 made him the low amateur, 1 stroke ahead of Rebula from Auburn, who is Ernie Els’ nephew.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Day one recap...

Rickie Fowler (OSU)

Started with a bang, firing a 5-under 66 to sit in a four-way tie for second place. His round included six birdies and one bogey.

Viktor Hovland (OSU)

Started hot and finished strong en route to a 2-under 69, good for 16th place. He finished with six birdies — including four of the first six holes and the last two holes — but had two bogeys and a double-bogey in between.

Austin Eckroat (OSU)

Oklahoma State junior fired a 1-over 72. Competing as an amateur, he’s tied for 58th place and grouped with ex-Cowboys Charles Howell III and Alex Noren.

Charles Howell III (OSU)

Had and up-and-down start, firing four bogeys and three birdies for a 1-over 72. He’s tied for 58th place.

Alex Noren (OSU)
Fired a 4-over 75 with six bogeys to go along with two birdies and is in 118th place. The front nine was especially tough, where he had four bogeys and no birdies.

keystonecowboy

Loyalist & Truest
A/V Subscriber
Oct 2, 2018
Stillwater
Alex Noren has really fallen off the past two seasons. He was #3 in the world at one point, wasn't he?
At this time 2 years ago he was the eighth ranked player in the world and the top ranked player on the European tour.. I believe that is as high as he has been ranked but I could absolutely be wrong. It appears his incredible work ethic has slowed.. but who can blame the guy. His family stays in Sweden the majority of the time and he has made it clear they take precedence over his golf career.