Wacky news of the day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
From the State's leftist blog, but weird nonetheless.

Ardmore woman killed by pack of vicious wiener dogs…
May 23, 2018
4 Comments
by Patrick

With all apologies to the Oklahoma Health Department, the saddest, weirdest and strangest local news story that happened while I was away on paternity leave had to do with Ardmore resident Tracy Garcia. She was mauled to death by a pack of vicious wiener dogs outside her Ardmore home.
Naturally, the story was picked up by the national online clickbait news circuit. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pageview-starved magazines, newspapers and local TV news channels picked up the story and it’s WTF, made-for-clicking headline.
Because I like to keep it local, here’s a breakdown from the Ardmorite:
Early reports said an Ardmore woman was brutally killed by dogs Thursday Night east of Ardmore.
Early reports said an Ardmore woman [Tracy Garcia] was brutally killed by dogs Thursday Night east of Ardmore.
The attack occurred on Banyon Road, just off Mary Niblack near the county line…
The oldest dog of the group was aged at about three years old by her teeth. All of the animals appeared to be a mix of Dachshund and some sort of terrier, Layton said. The oldest of the dogs was reportedly slightly larger and could have been mixed with Border Collie or similar. None of the dogs had legs longer than an adult’s hand per photos retained by the shelter.​
Great news, pit bull owners! You now have a flimsily defense to your flimsy argument that it’s not the breed of dog, but the owner of dog that makes them dangerous. Maybe next week someone in Anadarko will be decapitated by a Bichon Frise to further support your Internet comment section arguments.
As the Ardmorite article mentioned, these were small dogs. If you want some visual proof, KXII 12 actually went to the shelter and shot some video of the euthanized dogs. Here’s a screen shot:

You can view more images of the dead dogs over at the KXII 12 website if that’s your thing,
Anyway, I guess the obvious question here is how in the hell did a pack of small wiener dogs kill someone? They’re the assholes of the canine world and definitely have a Napoleon complex, but running across a pack isn’t exactly like swimming into a swarm of piranhas. You can simply kick them or do a belly flop on them and other than a couple of small bite wounds, should be fine. It makes me wonder if the victim had some other medical condition that contributed to her death. Considering the clickbait ship has sailed on this one, I doubt we’ll ever know the answer.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2018/05/23/ardmore-women-killed-by-pack-of-vicious-wiener-dogs/

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK

May 23, 2018
4 Comments
by Patrick

With all apologies to the Oklahoma Health Department, the saddest, weirdest and strangest local news story that happened while I was away on paternity leave had to do with Ardmore resident Tracy Garcia. She was mauled to death by a pack of vicious wiener dogs outside her Ardmore home.
Naturally, the story was picked up by the national online clickbait news circuit. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pageview-starved magazines, newspapers and local TV news channels picked up the story and it’s WTF, made-for-clicking headline.
Early reports said an Ardmore woman was brutally killed by dogs Thursday Night east of Ardmore.​
Early reports said an Ardmore woman [Tracy Garcia] was brutally killed by dogs Thursday Night east of Ardmore.​
The attack occurred on Banyon Road, just off Mary Niblack near the county line…​
The oldest dog of the group was aged at about three years old by her teeth. All of the animals appeared to be a mix of Dachshund and some sort of terrier, Layton said. The oldest of the dogs was reportedly slightly larger and could have been mixed with Border Collie or similar. None of the dogs had legs longer than an adult’s hand per photos retained by the shelter.​
Great news, pit bull owners! You now have a flimsily defense to your flimsy argument that it’s not the breed of dog, but the owner of dog that makes them dangerous. Maybe next week someone in Anadarko will be decapitated by a Bichon Frise to further support your Internet comment section arguments.
As the Ardmorite article mentioned, these were small dogs. If you want some visual proof, KXII 12 actually went to the shelter and shot some video of the euthanized dogs. Here’s a screen shot:

You can view more images of the dead dogs over at the KXII 12 website if that’s your thing,
Anyway, I guess the obvious question here is how in the hell did a pack of small wiener dogs kill someone? They’re the assholes of the canine world and definitely have a Napoleon complex, but running across a pack isn’t exactly like swimming into a swarm of piranhas. You can simply kick them or do a belly flop on them and other than a couple of small bite wounds, should be fine. It makes me wonder if the victim had some other medical condition that contributed to her death. Considering the clickbait ship has sailed on this one, I doubt we’ll ever know the answer.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2018/05/23/ardmore-women-killed-by-pack-of-vicious-wiener-dogs/
Because these weren't dachshunds. "Terrier" in this instance is more like a pit. I own 2 dachshunds, the physique on the dogs in that photo sure as hell aren't dachshund... These were pit mixes but "mauled by wiener dogs" is apparently a more attention grabbing headline these days.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

May 23, 2018
4 Comments
by Patrick

Early reports said an Ardmore woman was brutally killed by dogs Thursday Night east of Ardmore.​
Early reports said an Ardmore woman [Tracy Garcia] was brutally killed by dogs Thursday Night east of Ardmore.​
The attack occurred on Banyon Road, just off Mary Niblack near the county line…​

Am I going to hell for laughing at that?

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
Because these weren't dachshunds. "Terrier" in this instance is more like a pit. I own 2 dachshunds, the physique on the dogs in that photo sure as hell aren't dachshund... These were pit mixes but "mauled by wiener dogs" is apparently a more attention grabbing headline these days.

Go watch the news video link with images of the dogs. They are DEFINITELY NOT Pit bull mix. They ARE DEFINITELY daschund cross. I have to daschunds, so I recognize the breed type. That being said, I believe there is much more to the story than what has come out so far. I wonder if the lady had a heart attack or something (in conjunction with the attack). I know the Sheriff. The dogs definitely attacked the woman, but I am skeptical that they are actually responsible for her death.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

I've owned 4 full blood dachshunds in my life thanks to my wife's love of the breed. They are demons on stubby legs. One of the most aggressive dog breeds I've ever seen in my life. Mostly I just laugh at them when they get fired up because I can punt one of them at least 30 yards.

The original German dachshund breed was larger than what you are accustomed to today and could weigh from 30-40lbs each as adults. In their early use, Germans used packs of these dogs to hunt wild boar, rabbit, fox, wounded Deer, and became world famous for their ability to exterminate badgers.

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
I've owned 4 full blood dachshunds in my life thanks to my wife's love of the breed. They are demons on stubby legs. One of the most aggressive dog breeds I've ever seen in my life. Mostly I just laugh at them when they get fired up because I can punt one of them at least 30 yards.

The original German dachshund breed was larger than what you are accustomed to today and could weigh from 30-40lbs each as adults. In their early use, Germans used packs of these dogs to hunt wild boar, rabbit, fox, wounded Deer, and became world famous for their ability to exterminate badgers.
The literal English translation of Daschund, is "Badger hound".

They think they are Dobermans. :)

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Go watch the news video link with images of the dogs. They are DEFINITELY NOT Pit bull mix. They ARE DEFINITELY daschund cross. I have to daschunds, so I recognize the breed type. That being said, I believe there is much more to the story than what has come out so far. I wonder if the lady had a heart attack or something (in conjunction with the attack). I know the Sheriff. The dogs definitely attacked the woman, but I am skeptical that they are actually responsible for her death.
Watching the video, you're definitely right about these not being pit bull mixes (I was basing off an earlier report I'd read as I didn't feel like seeing the images in the video). I still don't agree with them being called dachshunds (which btw, who the heck calls them dash-hounds??) simply because they're short and long. I'm not saying they don't have dachshund IN them though. As Binman pointed out, originally the breed was larger but that's not what we see from the breed these days. These dogs, to me, look more like terriers with short legs, especially being described as "less than 40lbs and less than knee height" because I've never seen a dachshund even CLOSE to that size. A dachshund that weighs enough to be described as "less than 40lbs" is one fat lazy dachshund...

(Just for reference, I have 2, my parent's have 1, my brother in law has 2 and my in-laws have had 3 in my time around them so I'm not just talking out of my rear. :D Overall we have a mix of miniature and standards, NONE of which are even close to knee high nor close to 40 lbs... Well, except one of my in-laws standards but she's a fatty. I know they're labeled an aggressive breed but all the ones I've dealt with seem more protective than aggressive. Mine wouldn't stand a chance against a badger... lol)

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Watching the video, you're definitely right about these not being pit bull mixes (I was basing off an earlier report I'd read as I didn't feel like seeing the images in the video). I still don't agree with them being called dachshunds (which btw, who the heck calls them dash-hounds??) simply because they're short and long. I'm not saying they don't have dachshund IN them though. As Binman pointed out, originally the breed was larger but that's not what we see from the breed these days. These dogs, to me, look more like terriers with short legs, especially being described as "less than 40lbs and less than knee height" because I've never seen a dachshund even CLOSE to that size. A dachshund that weighs enough to be described as "less than 40lbs" is one fat lazy dachshund...

(Just for reference, I have 2, my parent's have 1, my brother in law has 2 and my in-laws have had 3 in my time around them so I'm not just talking out of my rear. :D Overall we have a mix of miniature and standards, NONE of which are even close to knee high nor close to 40 lbs... Well, except one of my in-laws standards but she's a fatty. I know they're labeled an aggressive breed but all the ones I've dealt with seem more protective than aggressive. Mine wouldn't stand a chance against a badger... lol)
The Shelter euthanasia tech told the media she thought they were a pack of a mother around 3 years old and her litter of all whom were about 1 year old. She said to her it appeared the 1 year old dogs were a dachshund/terrier mix and the mother appeared to be a dachshund/border collie or Australian Shepherd mix

It is also of note that police and DA are still investigating to determine if the owner of the dogs should be charged for a crime

Feb 13, 2010
Back in God's country!
The Shelter euthanasia tech told the media she thought they were a pack of a mother around 3 years old and her litter of all whom were about 1 year old. She said to her it appeared the 1 year old dogs were a dachshund/terrier mix and the mother appeared to be a dachshund/border collie or Australian Shepherd mix

It is also of note that police and DA are still investigating to determine if the owner of the dogs should be charged for a crime
I thought I read somewhere that those same dogs had killed a neighbor's dog before this attack? Now I can't find that. Has anyone else heard that?

And yes, the owners should be charged with a crime!!!

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.

Well, in fairness to all, the "headline grabbing" new blogs and newspapers used the terms "Dachsunds" and "Weiner dogs", but the animal shelter people more accurately described them as Dachshund x Terrier mix. I would say that is pretty accurate.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
She thought he was there to service her box...

Cable customer forced oral sex on repairman: cops
By Joshua Rhett Miller May 24, 2018 | 11:48am
1527237012802.png

A North Carolina woman is facing charges after she forced a cable repairman to let her perform a sex act on him, police said.

Mildred Newsome, 47, of Fayetteville, was arrested Saturday after an investigation into the man’s accusations following an April 20 repair call at her apartment, Fayetteville police Sgt. Shawn Strepay told The Post.

“The cable guy was there to work on her box and while waiting for it to reset as he was sitting on a couch, she came over, grabbed his hand and forcefully placed his hand on her own breast,” Strepay said.

The unidentified technician, in his 30s, tried to resist Newsome’s “unwanted sexual advance,” but she persisted and performed oral sex on him, Strepay said.

Newsome then told the man that she would “turn the story on him” if he reported the alleged assault to police, saying she would tell authorities that he was the aggressor, Strepay said.

“When he was able to finally get out of the home, he did report it the same day, actually shortly after the event took place,” he said.

Newsome, who faces two felony counts of second-degree forcible sex offense and one misdemeanor count of sexual battery, has been released after posting bail, Strepay said.

Attempts to reach Newsome early Thursday were unsuccessful. She works at a nursing and rehabilitation center, according to the Charlotte Observer.

Mar 23, 2013

View attachment 61419
A North Carolina woman is facing charges after she forced a cable repairman to let her perform a sex act on him, police said.

Mildred Newsome, 47, of Fayetteville, was arrested Saturday after an investigation into the man’s accusations following an April 20 repair call at her apartment, Fayetteville police Sgt. Shawn Strepay told The Post.

“The cable guy was there to work on her box and while waiting for it to reset as he was sitting on a couch, she came over, grabbed his hand and forcefully placed his hand on her own breast,” Strepay said.

The unidentified technician, in his 30s, tried to resist Newsome’s “unwanted sexual advance,” but she persisted and performed oral sex on him, Strepay said.

Newsome then told the man that she would “turn the story on him” if he reported the alleged assault to police, saying she would tell authorities that he was the aggressor, Strepay said.

“When he was able to finally get out of the home, he did report it the same day, actually shortly after the event took place,” he said.

Newsome, who faces two felony counts of second-degree forcible sex offense and one misdemeanor count of sexual battery, has been released after posting bail, Strepay said.

Attempts to reach Newsome early Thursday were unsuccessful. She works at a nursing and rehabilitation center, according to the Charlotte Observer.
Honest officer, I left as soon as I got off...the couch.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck

View attachment 61419