1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

We aren't gonna beat Georgia....

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by orng2dabone, Jun 23, 2009.

1. orng2dabone

orng2dabone Deputy

The Pokes are going to stomp Georgia. I mean, run them out of BPS type beatdown.

I just have to say it. There are so many scared gooner fans saying we just simply don't have a chance, that I can no longer stomach the garbage.

OSU is preseason top 10, Young is a great new addition, and our talent level is possibly the best it has ever been at OSU. This is going to be a great year and it starts with a Beat Down of the Bulldogs!

These kids are freakin good. You should be scared gooner fans.

2. bacowboy

bacowboy Territorial Marshal

Love your optimism and I hope your right but I will be very happy with a 1 point win. First game of the season and even though Georgia lost some good players they will have good athletes all over the field. I want to see a big improvement by our defense before I will believe we can stomp a team like Georgia. I hope I'm wrong.

3. lukin254

lukin254 Deputy

4. Epperley28

Epperley28 Federal Marshal

5. Pokes404

Pokes404 Cowboy

It drives me crazy when I hear some of our fans talking like this. No one is sure how good Georgia will be this year, but you can bet that they'll have big, fast athletes and be very tough on both sides of the ball. Sure, we beat Missouri and played Texas a good game last year, but we have a lot to prove before I'm sold on any of this preseason top 10 hype. We have some big question marks on defense and at receiver (other than Dez of course). It will be a tough, hard-fought game.

I sure hope that you're right, but I don't see this game playing out that way.

6. orng2dabone

orng2dabone Deputy

It will play out just the way I said it will and you know why? We are better than Georgia. A great deal better than Georgia. You will see.

Why oh why do we have fans that hate optimisim?

7. pistolpete2002

I'm right there with you orng2!!!! I think we're going to come out with an attitude like we haven't seen before!!! These kids are believing that they are a top 10 team and they're getting the confidence and the attitude/swagger to go with. I wish all of our fans wouldn't hold back and be so skeptic!!!!!

8. jp7588

jp7588 Cowboy

No one hates optimism. They hate arrogance, which is something another school from Oklahoma's fans are infamous for. I'd really rather not see this fanbase become that which it says it hates. A Cowboy should show dignity and class win or lose.

"I learned a long time ago that the less you say, the less you have to take back."
    -Bill Young

9. orng2dabone

orng2dabone Deputy

I hardly think this quals as arrogance.

10. jp7588

jp7588 Cowboy

arrogant-adj-having an exaggerated opinion of one's own importance or ability

Your opinion may hold true. We'll find out soon enough. But, based on history recent and otherwise, there's not a lot to back up those words.

11. orng2dabone

orng2dabone Deputy

"one's own importance or ability" seems that applies more to you than it does me. This isn't about me at all and games aren't won or lost based on history. At the moment, the fundamentals fall on the side of OSU. Of course, you know this or you wouldn't have recently signed up to battle from your anonymous position. Give it up gooner, OSU has arrived.

12. current

current Deputy

is there something about our defense you know that no one else on the planet knows?

13. swamppoke

swamppoke ole 3 putt.
    A/V Subscriber

sigh.......

the first sign of truly "bandwagon" fans emerges. Not so sure if it is a "good thing" or a "bad thing".

What is absolutely certain is that UGA will field, as they always do, a complete, well coached team with exceptional athletes. The last time we played them, their coach, a total gentleman, showed a lot of mercy in the 4th quarter. It could have been REALLY bloody. This time, we have a few things in our favor, mainly our returning offensive starters, but not enough to make outrageous claims. Georgia will play (as they do every single year) every SEC team tough, and win most. This will be a hard fought game, and a true test.

14. jp7588

jp7588 Cowboy

So I'm an incognito gooner for questioning the infallibility of the almighty, perennial football powerhouse Oklahoma State Cowboys? Since when was cautious optimism a trait attributed exclusively to ou fans?

All of our hopes, dreams, and aspirations for Oklahoma State's 2009-10 football team at this point are just hopes, dreams, and aspirations. We've got a sure thing on offense but the improvement of the defense is still up in the air. I think they'll be a great deal better than they were last year. And, for the record, I think we'll beat Georgia. A lot of people do. But to say that we're going to roll over a team who is as good as any opponent we've defeated in a long time is far-fetched to say the least.

15. CowpokeMike

CowpokeMike Federal Marshal

haha you got me too from the title, I was thinking to myself "orange to the bone my a**!" haha nice. I think we can do it too, I don't think we'll stomp them but we can beat em by 2 touchdowns maybe 17 points.

16. orng2dabone

orng2dabone Deputy

No, but having 17 posts does. Look, you aren't a Cowboy and we all know it.

17. trialman6

trialman6 Wrangler

Just beat Georgia. It will be the biggest win of the Gundy era. We can go from there.

18. jp7588

jp7588 Cowboy

[​IMG]
    See you on September 5th.

19. swamppoke

swamppoke ole 3 putt.
    A/V Subscriber

Speak for yourself, unless you're talking about the mouse in yo pocket.

Anytime I hear "post counts" thrown around on this board, I figger someone's losing a discussion (and that's usually the case):rolleyes:

20. Poke4Real

Poke4Real Territorial Marshal

Great. Bulletin board material for UGA. :x

Look, I'm as stoked as anyone about this game. And I think we CAN beat them. I'll not guarantee it, though...much less guarantee a "stomping."

Their defense has proven itself in the SEC. Our defense has not proven much so far this decade.