What is your coolest or most unusual OSU / Oklahoma A&M item in your collection?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
What we really need is for @More Cowbell to get back in here and show off more of his collection. He has some spectacular OLD Oklahoma A&M things. In the meantime, here are my OSU hockey sweaters, as our guys streak toward the Frozen Four...
Some of you guys have items in beautifully matted and framed displays! I'll admit I haven't invested nearly as much in framing but this is one exception. I ran across this pennant and was floored they made one for OAMC because this is very early (between 1910 and 1915). You see some of these for the Ivy League schools but bear in mind that OSU athletics was about 50 years behind those in getting started and supported. So our guys had barely even gotten this style of reeded pants and nice sweaters to go with a melon style football in 1910. It was when Lewis Field was just a grassy lot and before its first set of bleachers. In 1910, our football squad had 12 members and the first game that year was a 0-5 loss to a high school team.

20180608-144523_orig.jpg

Last edited:

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Some of you guys have items in beautifully matted and framed displays! I'll admit I haven't invested nearly as much in framing but this is one exception. I ran across this pennant and was floored they made one for OAMC because this is very early (between 1910 and 1915). You see some of these for the Ivy League schools but bear in mind that OSU athletics was about 50 years behind those in getting started and supported. So our guys had barely even gotten this style of reeded pants and nice sweaters to go with a melon style football in 1910. It was when Lewis Field was just a grassy lot and before its first set of bleachers. In 1910, our football squad had 12 members and the first game that year was a 0-5 loss to a high school team.

View attachment 78667
I love this item. Please pm me your address and let me know when you may be traveling to a bowl game.

:p

In addition to wanting a program with the Tiger on it, I always wanted one where football was 2 words. "Foot Ball contest".

Last edited:

OSUFan

Born to wear orange!
A/V Subscriber
Jul 13, 2007
Stillwater, OK
My most recent cool OSU collection happened this last wrestling season. I had seen on Twitter where there would be a drawing for an autographed pair of John Smith wrestling shoes. You either had to donate a pair of old youth wrestling shoes or $5.00. I entered and won these!

2B85B895-9581-4776-8E7C-992635EC90FF.jpeg

Jan 1, 2008
Umm assuming we actually play football this fall (sucks to even think this way), you may need to break it out again then... conference championship and playoff baby. Of course If you are anything like me since that game you might need to get it adjusted to a bigger size though so keep this in mind...
My son, now at OSU, has the suit. He's excited to start wearing it next year.

casdas

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 14, 2004
Yukon, OK
I love this item. Please pm me your address and let me know when you may be traveling to a bowl game.

:p

In addition to wanting a program with the Tiger on it, I always wanted one where football was 2 words. "Foot Ball contest".
I don't have anything that says 'foot ball" on it, but I have this old bobblehead from the 1960s, part of the original wave of bobbleheads that were imported from Japan, that says "COW BOYS" on it.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
It is allowed to create a fictional story to go with this set. Something like you, Mr. Iba. AD Myron Roderick, and President John Campbell were sitting in a back booth at the Hideaway and decided to hire Eddie Sutton to coach the basketball team. Something believable like that. ;)
Something similar except it was at Willie's and Garth was playing an unannounced gig that night too.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
6CF4A706-D7EC-4820-90D1-3D9BE3F5A085.jpeg

This was in the basement stairwell when I bought my house in Stillwater. Previous family took their kids to get posters (some signed) then pasted them on the bottom of the stairs

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
This was in the basement stairwell when I bought my house in Stillwater. Previous family took their kids to get posters (some signed) then pasted them on the bottom of the stairs
This reminds me of something I've shared on here before. My wife used to love to be a lookie loo to open houses with homes for sale. We went into one open house and it happened to be Doug Gottlieb's house. There was a room upstairs with all of his OSU stuff including some framed thing about his Conference record number of assists and such. It was cool.