What will the republicans do?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I’m guessing before, it won’t take long. He obviously has dementia. You all were lied to. I’m not sure how you could not see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Severe case of BDS.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
Understand I'm not saying that a fed minimum wage bump is a good idea...just might not want to go to all the way up all at once.
Just now reading this thread, but here's the Democrats' proposal:

Here’s how the minimum wage would be scheduled to increase if the bill passes as is:
  • 2021: $9.50
  • 2022: $11.00
  • 2023: $12.50
  • 2024: $14.00
  • 2025: $15.00
And look @steross! We may not have to tip in a few years!

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Another example of why children should NOT be brought in to political debates. They step into the ring and then when someone swings at them you end up with a "What are you doing?! He's just a kid!" reaction from everyone.

Just to be clear, I despise this woman. I'm just sick of groups (normally the left) propping up children as political human shields.
That’s not the example I see. But OK. Someone who survives a school shooting shouldn’t be able to speak to national leaders. We’ll reserve that for pillow salesmen.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
That’s not the example I see. But OK. Someone who survives a school shooting shouldn’t be able to speak to national leaders. We’ll reserve that for pillow salesmen.
I'll admit, I didn't even watch it to see what she said. It was just a knee jerk post because I AM tired of people trotting out children to take up political causes bc they're untouchable.

Post edited

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Just now reading this thread, but here's the Democrats' proposal:

Here’s how the minimum wage would be scheduled to increase if the bill passes as is:
  • 2021: $9.50
  • 2022: $11.00
  • 2023: $12.50
  • 2024: $14.00
  • 2025: $15.00
And look @steross! We may not have to tip in a few years!
if min tip wage is removed and they are paid 15 an hour you can bet your a** tips will disappear. That may cause the good waiters/waitresses to quit because they used to make over 15 an hour on a shift.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So the lady who for the last 2 years prior to her election liked and shared post as extreme as calling for the killing of Democrats......is now a RINO !!??

OK...GOP is a dumpster fire right now they going after each other hard

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
So the lady who for the last 2 years prior to her election liked and shared post as extreme as calling for the killing of Democrats......is now a RINO !!??

OK...GOP is a dumpster fire right now they going after each other hard

Kinzinger is saying she’s a Trumpist...not a Republican.

Trying to change the meaning of the term it looks like.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
if min tip wage is removed and they are paid 15 an hour you can bet your a** tips will disappear. That may cause the good waiters/waitresses to quit because they used to make over 15 an hour on a shift.
Depending on the restaurant pre Covid, WAY over. However, I'm not sure it needs to be one or the other...why not allow those who want to work at places that have low base pay but make big tips get that option and have folks who work at McDonalds and the like make a higher wage as well? Btw, tip at the drive through if they will let you, its just another way to help those who might be and are struggling and they really appreciate it. Back in the late 80's when I waited tables I sure didn't rely on my base pay...heck we made about $30-$50 an hour or so with tips...and that was in the 80's at Red Lobster. Why would we ruin one's income just to pull the other up...both can and should exist separately.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Tipping will not stop. Nor will it decrease. JMHO.
I agree, those that tip will continue to do so. However, I think that we will see a mass decrease in the number of restaurant patrons. There is no way, that I will be taking my family out as often if my average bill goes from $45 + tip to $65 + tip.