Wrestling World Team Trials

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
OSU needs to also make the push to include women's wrestling. It's another way to increase the spotlight of the sport. If OSU pushed for it the NCAA would make it happen I do believe.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Would be catastrophic for the sport if that happened. Really we need them to get better. The popularity of the sport of growing a lot in Texas and Kansas, as well as sustained growth in Oklahoma... OU being good gives kids in these states an attractive option close to home. If they see the opportunity, they will take it seriously and continue to get even better. Plus those guys go home and coach or start academies.

It's important that they're a top 10 program. They won't pass us... So it would be nice to see them at least be better than Northern Colorado.
I agree with you.............I was just being sarcastic.

Don't think they could move to Div II anyway........Big 12 would not let them??? Or not even possible ?

I do think OU Wrestling is losing support from the Athletic Director (just don't care) and especially from their fan base. Fan attendance is embarrassing. I bet some high schools draw better.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I agree with you.............I was just being sarcastic.

Don't think they could move to Div II anyway........Big 12 would not let them??? Or not even possible ?

I do think OU Wrestling is losing support from the Athletic Director (just don't care) and especially from their fan base. Fan attendance is embarrassing. I bet some high schools draw better.
In all fairness, some high schools produce a better product. 0u is simply pathetic right now. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy the annual bedlam wrestling beatdown but when there is no threat of them winning one or two matches, It sure isn't very exciting. I think they need to move on from the Rosselli experiment and hire a different coach who is fully invested in rebuilding the program to it's former status.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Wow Daton dominated that match. Gilman went for a takedown at the end and had a great position on Daton and somehow Daton turned it into a takedown and exposure.

9-1 was the final score and we will circle back in about an hour for match two.

Fix is a man possessed since the NCAA finals...

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Wow Daton dominated that match. Gilman went for a takedown at the end and had a great position on Daton and somehow Daton turned it into a takedown and exposure.

9-1 was the final score and we will circle back in about an hour for match two.

Fix is a man possessed since the NCAA finals...
Interesting point about Daton since NCAAs. Do you think he has made a big jump? Is he better suited for freestyle than folkstyle?

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Daton Fix is on the world team!!! Just a freshman in college! Huge night for OSU wrestling!
That was one hell of a match, thought they might steal it from him with the challenge late though. Loved how he said in the after match interview, that it was due to practicing in the “greatest wrestling room in the world at OSU” that helped him persevere and come out the winner.