Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

State

Russian Bot
Mar 15, 2007
TX
An article on some of the measures China took to control the virus. This is what China is admitting to. Some highlights-

In late February, as coronavirus infections mounted in Wuhan, China, local authorities went door-to-door for health checks – forcibly isolating every resident in makeshift hospitals and temporary quarantine shelters, even separating parents from young children who displayed symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how seemingly mild.
Caretakers at the city's ubiquitous large apartment buildings were pressed into service as ad hoc security guards, monitoring the temperatures of all residents, deciding who could come in, and implementing inspections of delivered food and medicines.
Outside, drones hovered above streets, yelling at people to get inside and scolding them for not wearing face masks, while elsewhere in China facial-recognition software, linked to a mandatory phone app that color-coded people based on their contagion risk, decided who could enter shopping malls, subways, cafes and other public spaces.
"Those with dogs had to play with them inside and teach them to use the bathroom in a certain spot," she said.
"It was not just families being isolated together in Wuhan, but individuals being isolated away from their friends and families,"
rules were established requiring residents to have a formal pass to get in and out of their apartment buildings and homes. At the outbreak's height in Wuhan, nobody was allowed in or out of the city and access to food stores was limited to once every few days.
welding doors to entire apartment buildings – with residents inside – shut to enforce quarantines.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...asures-lockdowns-mass-quarantines/2938374001/

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
An article on some of the measures China took to control the virus. This is what China is admitting to. Some highlights-

In late February, as coronavirus infections mounted in Wuhan, China, local authorities went door-to-door for health checks – forcibly isolating every resident in makeshift hospitals and temporary quarantine shelters, even separating parents from young children who displayed symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how seemingly mild.
Caretakers at the city's ubiquitous large apartment buildings were pressed into service as ad hoc security guards, monitoring the temperatures of all residents, deciding who could come in, and implementing inspections of delivered food and medicines.
Outside, drones hovered above streets, yelling at people to get inside and scolding them for not wearing face masks, while elsewhere inChina facial-recognition software, linked to a mandatory phone app that color-coded people based on their contagion risk, decided who could enter shopping malls, subways, cafes and other public spaces.
"Those with dogs had to play with them inside and teach them to use the bathroom in a certain spot," she said.
"It was not just families being isolated together in Wuhan, but individuals being isolated away from their friends and families,"
rules were established requiring residents to have a formal pass to get in and out of their apartment buildings and homes. At the outbreak's height in Wuhan, nobody was allowed in or out of the city and access to food stores was limited to once every few days.
welding doors to entire apartment buildings – with residents inside – shut to enforce quarantines.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...asures-lockdowns-mass-quarantines/2938374001/
China is ASSHOE! Being able to wage war on your own citizens has some benefits I suppose.

Can we send that cruise ship with a large outbreak to go on a port tour of China?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Looks like Tulsa Mayor Bynum, who I called a grandstander earlier in this thread, has written a NY Times opinion article. Titled “I am a red-state Mayor and I ordered my city to stay home”.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/opinion/tulsa-lockdown-coronavirus.html
Yep that's the ultimate in grandstanding. I do see him as a potential democrat later. He's definitely NOT a small government Republican. Certainly a RINO for election purposes. Do I think and hope the measures he's taking in Tulsa work? Most certainly. My problem with him is that he's stated (hopefully) the very worst that could happen over and over again...Like peaking in more than a month from now in Tulsa and the possibility of having 20,000 hospitalized as his rational. This type of talk, while it "might" (sure hope it's not) be true...is his method for getting compliance IMHO. Fear tactics..with very little positive messaging coming out of his mouth. Most certainly writing an op ed in the NY times is so important for a Tulsa Mayor...especially if you are perhaps controlled by a big money Democrat who may have aspirations for you politically. Btw, next time he talks to George he's need to tell him that in order to not be inconsistent in his life saving message that he needs to shut down all abortion facilities unilaterally forever within the city...then see how that goes over.

Last edited: