Your Favorite Towns To Say....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

bs_21_goat

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
May 12, 2010
Santa Barbara
WOW! Panhandle People. I've heard rumors they exist. I live in Western OK and the drive to the panhandle for soccer matches was still a long way.
Word. 3 hour drive to play a district game in Buffalo. Boise City is closer to two other state capitols than it's own (Santa Fe and Denver). It might not be the middle of nowhere, but you can certainly see it from there...

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
OKC
BA - you stole the first two that popped into my head - lol. Can't even begin to tell you how much fun we had with those two city/school names back when I was in HS - they were in our district..

How about another panhandle favorite: Slapout
I have family in Slapout! My dad has one of those green road signs with the arrow that says Slapout.

Ingersoll is another weird one.

Redhawk

Rollin' bones at the Texaco
A/V Subscriber
Dec 5, 2011
Eufaula
No Collinsville and their air freshener rendering plant.
Yes but Collinsville have the Silver Dollar. The Silver Dollar makes up for the nasty smell. Now you have the dog food plant in Edmond, does the bad smell make you feel at home?

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
Yes but Collinsville have the Silver Dollar. The Silver Dollar makes up for the nasty smell. Now you have the dog food plant in Edmond, does the bad smell make you feel at home?
Its a different smell. But it sure takes me back...:D and you're right. Silver Dollar makes up for a lot.

Dec 6, 2011
The Smok-Shak is a great place to eat. Too bad that, while driving through Ingersoll, the Smok-Shak's smell is overtaken by another Ingersoll staple, the wash-out.
The only other staple:). Tuesday(IIRC) is the day of the Cherokee sale, and that wash-out and the Smok-Shak are just packed with truckers.